OT: Upgrade my network

Yep - finally - I'm a COMSPEC member and life in other societies of IEEE

- there has been a slight evolution going on and almost a revolution.

Dues can be expensive to be in 5 societies and get journals in hard and soft... Then try to download a spec that is written up and get refused.

It is still a mixed arena. Remember these specs are evolving today!

802.3a is being revived IIRC. then there is b...h... letters naturally. I guess base 24. Martin
Reply to
Eastburn

IEEE does some good stuff, but I had to put them in the "snout in the trough" category when I had to pay $1650 for a block of ethernet MAC numbers.

Reply to
Jim Stewart