OT: US world image?

Benjamin Netanyahu, who became Prime Minister in 1996, is the only Prime Minister in Israel's history who was actually born in Israel.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

Accurately? What differentiated the few hundred thousand muslims that stayed from those who left? Did the Israelis run out of bayonnets. I recall seeing a clip of the the first Israeli Prez asking the muslims to stay. Nah, couldnt happen. Reilly knows all. Musta been a movie, right?

Reilly, before you justify giving The mulims their land back, you better make arrangements for the rest of the world to start giving land back to Jews. Mubarak in Egypt might be a good place to start. He should be an easy one. See what the Egyptians will tell you. I'm certain they will tell you to go to a place you cant find on a map. Jews, still a viable nation of people, were scattered all over the Arab/Muslim world in the early 20th century because they were forced out of their land for thousands of years. Documentation of the scatter starts in the bible. Anything before the Jews is no longer viable, since those nations or their peoples no longer exist.

Take back by force? Go with them and help them try. I'd love to see what happens. If they have a right to use force with no limitations, so should the other side. Dont bellyache that muslims in Gaza/west bank are getting slaughtered. It has no credibility, when they are seen with machine guns, grenade launchers, and rockets in their hands. I'd love to see it happen. It would save the world, especially Arab leaders, a great deal of headaches.

Your petty sympathy for muslims is touching. Especially considering the fighting over the past 20 years they are conducting against every other kind of people all across the globe (for no other reason than they not being Muslim): Thailand, Philippines, malaysia, Indonesia, Serbia, India, China, Lebanon, SUdan, Nigeria, Russia, Turkey, Albania, Chechnya, Pakistink, Afghanistink, Spain, England, Germany,Algeria, Egypt, and on and on and on.......

Somehow, someone convinced you that the west bank and gaza is the solution to all of the Muslims problems. It isnt a start. They have had many a chance to get back most of the land they want. Tough luck. If they want a fight, let em fight. But dont come to this newsgroup crying for sympathy after they get their asses kicked and nothing of them is left.

bg

Reply to
bg

Many thanks. Mark K.

Reply to
Mark K.

Yes? Israel was founded in 1948? The country is 56 yrs old and was populated by displaced persons from the Holocaust in Europe.

Tis not terribly surprising.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

If you think about it for a moment, I think you'll be able to understand why the Palestinians are not Israelis. The Palestinian people were spread out over an area that included bits of all the countries that now surround Israel. They were oppressed in all of them, and collectively had so many different nations to contend with that they had no real hope of achieving nationhood. When Israel was created, a large majority of Palestinians were suddenly inhabitants of that one country. With a single state to focus on as the one to win their independency from, and that one even a democracy, as opposed to, say, Syria, hope dawned, and, well, the rest is history.

That the Palestinians should rally 'round Yasser Arafat at that time is quite understandable, but, looking back on the history since then, a pity. He's a war chief, and has never truly wanted the conflict resolved, as that would take him out of his element. The way he threw away the agreement he could have had at Camp David is proof enough.

Of course, Israeli leaders haven't been too hot on peace, either. :-)

-tih

Reply to
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo

I think you need to get out more and take notice of what your neighbors are up to! Check out the 1994 Nobel Peace Prize laureates.

John

Reply to
John

Rabin and Arafat, IIRC. What's your point?

-tih

Reply to
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo

If you took notice of what you post, and don't delete that which makes you look an idiot, then you might see the point! You posted:

"...He's a war chief, and has never truly wanted the conflict resolved, as that would take him out of his element. The way he threw away the agreement he could have had at Camp David is proof enough.

Of course, Israeli leaders haven't been too hot on peace, either. :-)"

IIRC? Maybe your memory needs a tune up?

John

Reply to
John

OK, so you think I'm an idiot because I believe that Arafat, along with most Israeli leaders, doesn't truly want a peaceful solution. Your proof is that Rabin and Arafat received the Nobel Peace Prize. Let me ask you this, then: did Arafat deserve it, do you think? Or might the awarding of the prize have been more wishful encouragement than actual recognition of something achieved?

-tih

Reply to
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo