OT: US world image?

Curious about your sig Gunner. Does it apply to Arabs too? Even Palestinians?

Pete.

Reply to
Peter Reilley

Id have to say it applies to any freedom loving people. However the Palestinians do not fit that category as they simply want to kill Israelis and steal their land. So they are not freedom loving, but rabid lil scum bags hellbent on conquest.

In fact..Palistinian aggressors are the reason an Enfield (or AK-47) should be hanging on the wall.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

Bitch and moan all you want to but remember this: people all over the world want to live here in the States, especially from the poorer parts of the world. We must be doing something right!

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works every time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

It's only the tip of the iceberg as far as troops are concerned. I would hate to estimate the sheer scale of maltreatment that hasn't been photographed, and that's not even counting the 10% private mercenaries employed by the US in Iraq (and elswhere in the world). The US can never point the finger at others again re human rights abuses. M.K.

Reply to
Mark K.

Interesting, so if those "working-class" people are the wrong type of people then the quote does not apply to them? Do you think that Orwell would agree with your interpretation?

Pete.

Reply to
Peter Reilley

Great point Bob. One of the Iraqi prisoners was being interviewed by a reporter on TV about his treatment while being held prisoner by US soldiers. He said his humiliation at the hands of some of the Women guards was worse than death. He was so humiliated he would never be able to show his face in Iraq again. He would have to leave Iraq. When the reporter asked him what country he wanted to relocate to he said "the United States".

I hope his Visa is denied. DL

Reply to
Gunluvver2

One wonders why those that the Palistinians are attempting to steal land from, are in fact in breach of around 67 UN resolutions, that seem to suggest quite a different story?

Reply to
Brain Damage

Around 55,000 people have been killed in most recent attack against Iraq, of this number around 11,000 were civilians!

Since genocidal sanctions were imposed against Iraq in 1991, around 1 million people have died as a direct result, including 500,000 children!

Guess though as the US seems to be one of the most racist nations on earth, that its easier to think of these people as "rag heads" and not really give a damn about their murders!

Reply to
Brain Damage

Orwell had not long before come from the Spanish Civil War. Im rather sure he would not have approved of sending children into ice cream parlors and pizza joints to immolate themselves and as many others as possible in an effort to steal land.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

| ||One wonders why those that the Palistinians are attempting to steal land ||from, are in fact in breach of around 67 UN resolutions, that seem to ||suggest quite a different story?

The period 1991 - 2001 in Iraq gave us a pretty good indicator of the value of a UN Resolution. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

Gunner wrote

Steal their land? Or regain their country that was stolen from them by a bunch of US-backed invaders in 1947?

Reply to
Tim Harris

"steal land"??? I am sure Orwell would note your interesting use of "newspeak"

Gunner I am always impressed by your aim, you always seem to hit yourself between the eyes.

Pete.

Reply to
Peter Reilley

Who was there first? And tell me the name of the capital city of Palistine.

Please.

Gunner "A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden." Strider

Reply to
Gunner

Answer the same questions I posed to Briscombe.

Gunner

"A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden." Strider

Reply to
Gunner

From the content of your posts, which do suggest you are extremely dim, its pretty clear you have never read Orwell, and even more clear you would little idea of what he approved of or not!

Reply to
Brain Damage

I think if you take the trouble to look Iraq was in breach of far far less resolutions than Israel.

Israel does have WMDs, which include chemical and nuclear weapons, and routinely engages in torture and acts of terror, against people who are largely defenceless!

Reply to
Brain Damage

That is an easy one. None, there was no country and no capital. Palestine was just one of the remnants of the collapse of the European empires. That describes most of Africa, Asia, and the Middle East at the time. After the colonial powers were gone these countries began to self rule in the borders that the colonial powers had drawn. This happened everywhere except for Palestine which was given to a bunch of well connected Americans and Europeans.

I have a question for you; How did that piece of land in the Middle East suddenly "belong" to a bunch of people in America and Europe?

Pete.

Reply to
Peter Reilley

The area called Palistine was part of European Colonialism 2000 yrs ago?

Im glad to see that you finally admit there was no political entity called Palistine..hence..no country.

That

Spoils of war. Like the Golan Heights and the Gaza. It works that way.

Gunner

"A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden." Strider

Reply to
Gunner

Hi,

- USA world image?

- We should be like the Roman Army. We should not be nicey, nicey. We shoud draw a line in the sand. We should say, "Don't Cross It!" And to the people that do, it should be total no-nonsense, no bleeding heart Liberal agenda. It should be, "Kill 'em all!"

- Most of these prisoners in Iraq you are addressing are not Boy Scouts. These people have American blood on their hands. These people are animals! What to do with these people once they eventually get debriefed for their intelligence usefulness? Like here in the USA, sex offenders are let out of jail after a few years of detention and they rape and kill again. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D I think Geneva Convention rules apply and should be followed. Though if USA's own in the hands of the enemy, Geneva Convention rules are rarely adhered to. The action was inappropriate. But, I don't believe for one minute that enlisted personnel did this without following orders. And as is typical as to history, the pions will pay heavily and the officers in charge maybe will get a slap on the wrist. You just try not obeying an illegal order and see where that will get you as to career military service. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D My wife's uncle was with the 6th Marines in the WWII Pacific on a mortar platoon. He told me on lots of occasions, "We took NO prisoners!", as to civilized American behavior NOT being practised.

- I did my Navy Basic to Great Lakes Training Center, north of Chicago, June 10, 1974 and 13 weeks therafter. I kept my nose clean and did what I was told without issue. BUT for the few people that were malcontents, the Marines had a week long activity session called DELTA COMPANY over to the Navy Brig there, then. I saw these guys a time or two in the chow hall with their Marine guards. These guys were shaved bald, cuts, bumps and bruises to their heads and faces and I heard tell they were kept up 23 hours a day and lots of PT thru the duration. They were being deprogrammed and brained washed. Most when they came out of the program were, "Yes Sir!, Yes Sir!" or "No Sir!, No Sir!" when addressed and most were then properly squared away and their attitudes in the right place---as far as the Navy was concerned. If some of the guys did not pass that test, they were dropped from the Navy. I think the Marines have their own, "Motivation Platoon" for their similarly fated individuals. And from that I came away with, "I couldn't believe what my own people can do to their own." So I am not surprised with the present so called Iraq attrocities. Also, I am not surprised when a church deacon or sweet little old lady somehow manages to kill somebody or whatever in the civilian world. It is just a matter of pushing the right buttons in the right sequence and a person's breaking point surpassed on an especially bad day at the office. Anybody can snap and anybody can do bad things to people. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ So, I have a question for you guys.

- What should we do with the guys (if ever caught) that just beheaded an American civilian?

- My gut reaction would be to put these people against a wall and be done with it! Debrief these people for their intelligence resources, then execute them! These people only want to kill Americans, that's their goal in life.

- What happened to the "Let's go get 'em mentality" post 9/11?

- Kurt {:{ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D re:

OT: US world image? Group: rec.crafts.metalworking Date: Sun, May 9, 2004, 8:18am (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.coms (Brain=A0Damage) OT: US world image? Group: rec.crafts.metalworking Date: Sun, May 9,

2004, 8:18am (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.coms (Brain =A0 Damage) =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Does anyone using this forum feel that the recent revelations about what the US is condoning in Iraq, is anything to be proud of? =A0 Further does this sort of behavior not strenghten the resolve of those wanting to do harm to the US? =A0 Finally as not even gunner has been able to offer any sort of apology for this appalling conduct, can I take it that pretty much everyone using this forum would condemn those allowing this sort of thing? =A0
Reply to
Metal Man

Think more than twice about viewing this video. I MEAN IT!

If you have the nerve to watch this come back and tell us all about the world view of the US.

Reply to
Jeepers