OT: What's he hiding?

Edward made huge money on eBay even though his soldering skill wasn't quite up to snuff.

Next week: An electrolytic in a cardboard burqa.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Who??

How much?

Soldering skill?

Did I miss a memo?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

LMAO.. No way in hell I'd pay $90 for a cardboard box with electrical cords...

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Bashful transformer from too many years of isolation.

Reply to
Denis G.

Oh, I get it (sometimes it takes a little while). The post is in the style of a Farside cartoon caption.

It's kind of strange - the seller has a feedback of 17,483, 99.6% positive. He/she's not the typical scammer. Maybe the account was hijacked.

BTW - "This listing () has been removed, or this item is not available."

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Bob Engelhardt wrote: ...

For those of you who missed it:

Bob Engelhardt

Doesn't look like he's hiding anything. WYSIWYG. I am going to mark this and see what it sells for. Who knows, maybe there will be a bidding war. I admire his style, that's for sure. He's getting attention, probably the goal of the whole deal.

Not up there with the used wedding dress, but good, nonetheless.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I think he may just not want to take it out of the box- I think even though the ends are open it is 'trapped' in the box by tape or small cardboard pieces.

It is funny, though.

Dave

Reply to
dcloss

See the burned crater opposite the label where the windings are shorted together and to the case?

How about the wire missing from the secondary?

Me neither. :)

It's probably perfectly functional gear. It's just that the photos actually diminish, rather than boost confidence.

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Maybe the box keeps the cat from electrocuting itself. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Looks like a long-running joke. If you click on the "View all revisions" link in that auction you'll see it has a history going back to July 19,

2010.
Reply to
Robert Nichols

Is that thinly veiled humor from Winnie?

-- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- J. K. Rowling

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Just more opaque humor from Winnie.

:)

--Winnie

Reply to
Winston

Jeeze, Winnie, you're dense (opaque?) today. (burqa ~= veil.)

-- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- J. K. Rowling

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The whole concept is obscure.

Clouded and hidden. Imperceptible, I say!

Insensible. Unfathomable. abstruse, buried, clandestine, cloaked, concealed, covered, covert, cryptic, dark, disguised, eclipsed, esoteric, hermetic, imperceivable, in the dark, indiscernible, invisible, latent, masked, mysterious, mystical, occult, out of view, private, recondite, screened, secluded, sequestered, shadowy, shrouded, surreptitious, undercover, underground, undetected, undisclosed, unexposed, unknown, unrevealed and withheld.

Nope, still don't get it, Mssr. Jaques.

We are talking *blank* here.

--Winnie

Reply to