OT-Matchbox Privateers on eBay

I built this kit in French Maritime livery 15 years ago and thought I'd do another one in US livery. I've been bidding on several over the past few weeks, but, when they get around US$22.00, they've past my limit for this kit. Mostly they've been going for around US$28.00.

Today, I checked my eBay account. One of them has sold for $56.00 and an auction that closes in about an hour has bid up to $71.00 so far. Can anyone tell me what's up with this,ie, what's up with the seemingly sudden high demand for this kit? Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

Obviously I sold mine too soon as I 'only' got $38 for it. However it went to one of our servicemen at Aviano AB who is into patrol planes of the Cold War. We commiserated over the lack of an IM Mercator.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Most likely because you're looking for one?

The Old Timer

Well wait until I put up for bid. I will start the auction at 9.99 and rest assured it will end at 12.47! Me and money just cannnot come together. !@#$$%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to