#OT# Why is all the hydraulic stuff available?

Seems to me that Surplus Center is ALWAYS heavy on the hydraulic stuff, was this heavier than usual?

CarlBoyd

Reply to
CarlBoyd

Martin H. Eastburn

I just got my copy of the Surplus Center catalog [#282]. Crammed full of hydraulic pumps, motors, wheel motors, valves, cylinders, etc. At least two to three times the usual amount. Does anyone know why the big upsurge in this surplus? Did some manufacturer go out of business?

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

-------------------------------------------------------------- Home Page:

If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes Doubt yourself, and the real world will eat you alive The world doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around me No skeletons in the closet; just decomposing corpses

-------------------------------------------------------------- Dependence is Vulnerability:

-------------------------------------------------------------- "Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal" "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.."

Reply to
JR North

Yes, seems about 2 to 3 X the normal amount of hydraulic "stuff" and new items like a verity of industrial stuff like torque hubs and wheel motors are showing up. Nothing cheap through, just lots of it.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

I didn't think it was all that much more than usual. I think they printed more of the stuff that used to be just online.

JW

Reply to
jw

And they still have a lot of onesie-twosie stuff that's only in their retail store. Helpful hint, don't throw out the old catalogs, they MIGHT just have one or two items left in stock if it's something you're interested in. They had a whole rack of past catalogs going back several years on the counter in the store and that's what they told me when I asked about them.

Stan

Reply to
stans4