Peltier Pot geometry

This January's concept for stacked "dog food bowls" of stainless steel has a new refinement: the cube root of 2.

Why the cube root of 2?

Because bowls are sold by volume in pint, half-pint, quart, and half-gallon sizes.

The idea was to stack three same-size bowls as a triple wall, double air pa th fire pot.

Now, looking at the possiblity of sourcing the bowls myself to make the nes ting most compact and reliable, since I discovered some variance in even a single supplier's single branded bowl, from run to run, and with some shift s in design, I went back to the Sierra cup, made in its highest value imple mentation in titanium in the 750 ml size.

So, say a titanium Sierra cup or bowl or mug is 6 inches at the flanged rim , 2 deep, and 4 at the base. Redesign it so the base is no longer 4 inches but is instead 6 *divided by* the cube root of 2. Viola! If I got this righ t, then the base of a pint bowl will fit neatly on the rim of a half-pint b owl, etc, making various stacking options avaialble as well as nesting opti ons. I don't know yet if the height should be the same in each of the volum e sizes, or scaled. If the height of two differing sizes is the same, then the relevant scale factor is not the cube root of 3, but the square root of 2, making the area of one base half the size of the rim, and the area of t he next base double the size of a given base. If the whole bowl is scaled, maintaining proportions, then the relevant scale factor is the cube root of 3, making the next bowl double in volume, establishing, perhaps, a certain wall angle in order to make the base-rim mating successful.

The nesting added to the stacking establishes, I think, every possible way of reducing the carry volume of a set of implements.

The only vision I have for the actual use of a stacked bowl is to take out the bottom of a larger bowl, set its base on the rim of a fire bowl, and pu t a grill or wire cloth on the rim of the larger bowl for use as a grill. I 'd leave a flanged bottom, and establish mating studs and sockets, to make this work.

I guess another use for the idea is dishwashing--you certainly want a large r sink than you have dishes...because the dishes go *into* the sink!

Another might be heat transfer or efficiency. If the base of a larger bowl is right above the output rim of a fire bowl, heat transfer by radiation fr om coals might be optimal. There might be spacers to maintain this spacing.

So, as I approach a provisional patent application, there is some serious i ndustrial designing to be done, and a little math, to give the most compact , lightweight, fire set for enjoying the ancient ritual of gathering around a fire at the end of a day. :)

Now I need to look at making the bowls myself, or having a draw shop do it.

Doug

Reply to
DGoncz