PICTURES -- Moving to my new shop

Congrats, Ig! How much, $50k?

I'll bet SWMBO is ecstatic. She'll get her garage back!

I wonder how long it would take to pay you back if you put a drop ceiling covered with R-30 bats in there. One, maybe two years?

Was that a wooddorking shop? I see dust collector hoses to most machines.

Is the beige machine an optical comparator? Left side of pic.

Is that gray/black racing striper a CNC machining center?

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I have not decided what to do with the roof, yet.

No, tool and cutter grinding shop.

Yep. A couple Mitutoyo comparators.

No, a CNC tool and cutter grinding that was described as "broke".

Ignoramus7308

Give us a thumbnail of your business plan and a mission statement.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Well, you will have a BIG air compressor. Buy him a vintage Nathan 7 chime locomotive horn. I love the sound of those things a couple of miles off.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I want to sell surplus equipment at a greater scale. That's all.

Ignoramus7308

Would there be a tax advantage (or disadvantage) to doing manufacturing at that location?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Close off the section you want to use with a full height wall, then rent out the front section to pay all your costs. Put 9' ceilings in your shop area and a nice heat pump for conditioning. Yearround shop!

OK. I saw the Universal Grinding sign on the building pics later.

You'll have the original price of the real estate back by the time you sell all those tools you won't be using.

I know what you'll be doing for Thanksgiving. ;)

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No, and I have no talents in manufacturing. Going into manufacturing would be a great way to lose a lot of money and acquire a lot of valuable life experience.

Ignoramus7308

I actually really like the high ceilings (though I need to do something about low hanging lights).

I wish.

I think, I know, too

Reply to
Ignoramus7308

That doubles your area, so HVAC costs double. Your call. If anything, I'd reserve a tall room for tall projects and drop the rest for comfort and savings. But it's not my shop.

That and renting out the front 2/3, eh?

Who was the brunette in the second pic, in front of the building as reflected in the window? Isn't your wife a gorgeous blonde?

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I want to run it as a crude, but effective money making machine. HVAC expenses will be about running fans.

It was someone else's wife.

Ignoramus7308

Depends on what you manufacture.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Yeah, if you want to roll your gantry hoist around without breaking bulbs.

Lift the lights and paint the entire inside pure white, from floor to ceiling. It will effectively double the lighting. A few upside-down and reflectorless fixtures will illuminate the white ceiling and reflect it back down.

Oh, I guess not if you're using it to store/show/sell surplus.

Borrowed for the day, eh?

-- In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Albert Camus

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I thought that it was an oversized bidet. :-)

Is that 240V three phase? I consider it pretty likely, but you didn't say.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Of course it is 3 phase.

Ignoramus7308

If iggy's doing that, he won't own his shop for long.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

It was the seller's wife.

Ignoramus4271

Even worse!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

COOL! I'm green with envy. I have been scrapping some old gear I stopped using years ago to get more room. But, there are great advantages in having my shop at home, and not having stuff here, there and someplace else, too.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

This is also very true and a great consideration.

Ignoramus30024