PICTURES of a recent welding project

Ignoramus15573

Your work is as purty as mine. Not in Don Foreman's league.

Did you find somebody to help install the control refit?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

That frame needs to work for approximately one day. Then I will cut it apart.

I have found one guy, who is a great guy who will help me in exchange for some Linux help for him. He knows far more than me, but is still in the learning phase. he also knows what he does not know, which is important. We'll see how it goes.

Ignoramus15573

Iggy, if you continue to waste time on metalworking, we will have to ask you to leave the group.

Reply to
RBnDFW

Maybe I should start some politican thread from hell, as a penance for posting metalworking related articles?

Ignoramus15573

We already have way too many people assigned to that. We shall tolerate your metal-working related posts for the time being. but you're on probabation.

BTW, is that a mobile dolly for a Bridgeport? Permanent for that machine, or an all-purpose machine trolly?

My Millrite is on a $50 pallet jack, looks to be permanent at this point ;)

Reply to
RBnDFW

hm

I made it to get the BP into my garage. The mill is 10 inches taller than the garage door. So it needs to be tilted to get in.

This Series II is a big M.F.

After I get it in, I will use something else to move it around.

Ignoramus15573

Ah yes, I recall that discussion. You can't just pull off the head and ram? Nevermind that they weigh 400 lbs.

I very nearly committed to a mill bigger than that one yesterday. It was a bargain too. I hate to pass up a bargain :/

Reply to
RBnDFW

Pulling off the head is even more trouble, with all the wires inside. A great way to ruin this mill.

I am having my doubts now as to whether it was a good idea to buy that whole thing.

Ignoramus15573

I thought BP heads were pretty self-contained. Perhaps yours is a CNC variant?

LOL Buyer's remorse? Not like you Iggy!

You'll be posting a Tool Gloat with pics in 2 weeks.

Reply to
RBnDFW

You're wrong there Iggy. Its just a machine for light home hobby use. I should warn you, a serious mill like this will spoil you.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Yes, it is a CNC mill. Something like 8 cables going through the ram.

or living in my trailer

Reply to
Ignoramus15573

This will be my summer project.

Ignoramus15573

Now you are beginning to sound like a wife!

Paul

Reply to
co_farmer

With self-doubt like that, who needs a wife?

Reply to
RBnDFW

Your welding is getting it done. That is what my welding looks like.

He knows what he doesn't know. That is a true sign of an intelligent person.

I have a feeling a fair trade is in progress.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

A little cold..but not bad.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

It's 7018, which runs quite fluid so I'd say more than a little cold. Picky picky, I don't doubt that it'll suffice.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I actually Iike Iggy..so try not to be too tough on him. And Im not helping him move the mill, so if the welds snap off..I wont get hurt.

Shrug

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I'm not picking on Iggy! He clearly has good fusion. I was looking at the one with the ground clamp. The others look pretty good, flat to slightly concave as is typical of 7018.

Reply to
Don Foreman