Ping Bruce Bergman

You want that lifting /climbing harness? Im holding it for you.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

Yeah, but I don't have a firm job for it yet. Though it would be better than my Rescue Rappelling harness for ladder and lift work, OSHA isn't going to like seeing Recreational rope gear.

No particular rush, next time you're headed to the Valley or passing through to Ventura County.

And the Ranger 8 is /really/ tempting, but I don't have a toy budget at the moment.

Now if I can get the word out to the Property Managers that we can do Gate repairs and Custom Gates & Grates around the equipment the "Little Darlings" have picked to vandalize this month, then it might pay off - Let me see if I can drum up some work for it first.

I'd need a wire-feeder, I've never Sticked before. And a paying job isn't the time to learn something new.

Though the last pole where some asswipe kept breaking off the conduit and shorting off the lights... Amazing how effective a bit of armor plating around the base of the pole can be - Stops them cold.

But rigging up a 200' extension cord for the Challenger back to the House Power is a PITA. And hauling out the PE-95G is even worse,100% Cast Iron - hitch it to the truck and watch the gas gauge drop.

Hey Too Many Fools: You /really/ think I wouldn't check it over first before using it? It's right there in the manual, and I'll paraphrase:

"Inspect periodically for wear and deterioration..." Yadda Yadda about what and how to check it, and how much damage is too much. And the last paragraph is "Condemn a worn or damaged harness by chopping it into several small bits before disposal, so it can not be used again."

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable)

Would this work for defective posters?

Reply to
grmiller

Only in Texas, where you can use the "He Needed Killin', Your Honor." defense, and can prove why.

Around here, I'd let Gunner handle the problem quietly - especially since Too Many Turds is fixated on him. "My backyard is 50,000 acres of desert, and I own a backhoe."

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable)

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

In Texas, we have the 3-S Rule as well. Shoot, shovel, and shut up.

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Absolutely. If turd-boy ever disappears... I don't know, and I don't want to know - then I can't be called on to testify about it in court.

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable)

Kinda makes a body wonder about how old Carl died doesnt it?