Interesting color choice

Ignoramus11402

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

Now we know where that paint leftover from Christmas of 05 went

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

Salvaged from a machine shop "Machinist of the Year" trophy or something???

Reply to
Pete C.

My Dad painted a tractor silver once, but that's because it was aluminum paint and was the best thing he'd found against rust...

Reply to
Glenn Lyford

and was the best thing he'd found against rust...

In Southern California, that's nicknamed Mexichrome because of its popularity with Hispanics.

-- The human brain is unique in that it is the only container of which it can be said that the more you put into it, the more it will hold. -- Glenn Doman

Reply to
Larry Jaques

paint and was the best thing he'd found against rust...

Clever! I'll have to remember that.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

paint and was the best thing he'd found against rust...

Be advised that Hispanics in general do NOT like the nickname.

- Political Incorrectness. Just another one of the services we offer.

-- The human brain is unique in that it is the only container of which it can be said that the more you put into it, the more it will hold. -- Glenn Doman

Reply to
Larry Jaques

and was the best thing he'd found against rust...

ROFLMAO! Indeed! Indeed!!

Real silver Silverados

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

Well ... I was at an estate sale once (I wish that I had known the man before he went -- I think that he would have been interesting to know) in which there were weird things gold plated, including a chem lab clamp. He just liked gold plating things, apparently. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

A 1961 report on a 10 year study by University of Illinois on barn paint:

SUMMARY

Among the general conclusions drawn from this study, the following are most significant.

  1. Exposure had a definite effect on the paint systems with a red or green top coat, but no apparent effect on the paint systems with an aluminum top coat. ...

  1. The original condition of the panel affected the amount of protection offered by the paint system. The greater the amount of rust when the panel was painted, the faster the paint film failed.

  2. The paint systems that provided the best protection were those with a first coat of red lead and a second coat of an aluminum paint and those with a first coat of gray metallic zinc paint and a second coat of an aluminum paint.

  1. Wire brushing before painting gave no apparent increased protection o the panels. If the panels had not been brushed, however, more paint would have been necessary to secure a good coverage.

I've always considered aluminum paint to be inferior, but I guess that I was wrong. 'Course it's still too garish for common use (YMMV).

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt