Ping Iggy

http://www.salvex.com/listings/listing_detail.cfm?aucID 2948872
Just what you need!!
Gunner

My semi tractor/trailer is kind of a wrecker, it has a beavertail trailer and a winch. We used it already to move various heavy duty trucks that I parted out or will do so.
On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 17:01:35 -0600, Ignoramus26595

But does it have a crane???
Manufacturer/Model: AM General M816 Medium Engine: Cummings NHC-250, 250 horsepower, 6 Cylinder Diesel Transmission: Manual 5 Speed and a 2 Speed Transfer Case Max Speed: 50 mph Gas Mileage: Approximately 6 mpg Towing Capacity: 14 Tons (on road), 10 Tons (cross country or off road) Front/Rear Winch Capacity: 20,000 lbs (Front), 45,000 lbs (Rear) Boom: Elevates to 45 degrees, Swings to 270 degrees (can be modified to 360 degrees) Revolving hydraulic crane with an extending boom that can extend from 10--18 ft Specially built for the United States Army to pull medium duty equipment through non-incorporated terrain
<VBG>
Or maybe one of these?
http://olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_recovery_m88.php
Seen this link btw?
http://www.russianarmysurplus.com/
For some reason..I have this mental picture of you driving around with the back of your pickup filled with Surplus....with one of these on your head and a mad grin on your face...
http://www.russianarmysurplus.com/product/airborne-helmet/
<VBG>
Gunner

It does not, but I do have a boom crane laying around right now.
I planned to sell it, but maybe I can mount it on the trailer?
It is a National Knuckle Boom Crane:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/HA9IVt1Fv39AZ7EBx1lQ-NxO3bjAhN7B42H-ddOjxhE?feat=directlink
I am reluctant to install it, because it will reduce the capacity of my semi trailer by 4-5k lbs.

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 20:26:58 -0600, Ignoramus26595

Sell it and wait for a whole knuckle boom truck. What a back-saver! Knowing you, you'll find the chrome plated boom on a truck for $5, and the only problem it has is that it needs one spark plug wire. ;)
--
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.

--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I will see... I decided that this year in business I will not be acquiring any capital equipment, just making money with what I have. But I see your point. :)
On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 20:26:58 -0600, Ignoramus26595

Thats a small price to pay if you buy something that has no forklift available..isnt it?
Gunner

That's what I Was saying, we take our forklifts with us on our semi trailer. It is a beavertail trailer with hydraulic tail.

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 07:38:06 -0600, Ignoramus5654

Ah! Then sell the crane indeed.
If you ever find a Baker/Linde B30-PL...I need some parts. The carby and heat exchanger
Gunner

I have a lot of forklift carb parts.
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 13:30:29 -0600, Ignoramus5654

Ill have to check and see what Carb and exchanger is on it. I think the exchanger is a F5 or something. Got Impco Parts? Ill check and post what I need.
I need to rebuild the carb and likely the heat exchanger. Carby most of all. The kits were around $30 each, but they redesigned the carby and the whole top end kit is $100. And the forklift is still sitting at the end of my driveway 8 months later....damnit.
Gunner, who wrote it down and now cant find it...damnit.

We converted one forklift to propane and fixed another forklift's propane carb system. I did not do it, my driver did, who is an all around handy person. Based on that experience, I think that most forklift propane related parts are very similar and many are interchangeable. Impco makes those propane conversion kits, it is not something super unusual. I bought a couple of pallets of propane kits and carbs last July. (also about four crates of forklift manuals for $50)
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 16:18:39 -0600, Ignoramus5654

If you find a manual for a Baker B30-PL..Ill send you a nice money order for it. (it was made by Linde..has a VW Jetta engine in it and is hydrostatic drive)
Gunner

Fun! Think they'll get the reserve price of $18.4k? Me, neither.