Ping Iggy

Just what you need!!

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

My semi tractor/trailer is kind of a wrecker, it has a beavertail trailer and a winch. We used it already to move various heavy duty trucks that I parted out or will do so.

Ignoramus26595

But does it have a crane???

Manufacturer/Model: AM General M816 Medium Engine: Cummings NHC-250, 250 horsepower, 6 Cylinder Diesel Transmission: Manual 5 Speed and a 2 Speed Transfer Case Max Speed: 50 mph Gas Mileage: Approximately 6 mpg Towing Capacity: 14 Tons (on road), 10 Tons (cross country or off road) Front/Rear Winch Capacity: 20,000 lbs (Front), 45,000 lbs (Rear) Boom: Elevates to 45 degrees, Swings to 270 degrees (can be modified to 360 degrees) Revolving hydraulic crane with an extending boom that can extend from 10--18 ft Specially built for the United States Army to pull medium duty equipment through non-incorporated terrain

Or maybe one of these?

Seen this link btw?

For some reason..I have this mental picture of you driving around with the back of your pickup filled with Surplus....with one of these on your head and a mad grin on your face...

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

It does not, but I do have a boom crane laying around right now.

I planned to sell it, but maybe I can mount it on the trailer?

It is a National Knuckle Boom Crane:

I am reluctant to install it, because it will reduce the capacity of my semi trailer by 4-5k lbs.

Ignoramus26595

Fun! Think they'll get the reserve price of $18.4k? Me, neither.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sell it and wait for a whole knuckle boom truck. What a back-saver! Knowing you, you'll find the chrome plated boom on a truck for $5, and the only problem it has is that it needs one spark plug wire. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thats a small price to pay if you buy something that has no forklift available..isnt it?

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

I will see... I decided that this year in business I will not be acquiring any capital equipment, just making money with what I have. But I see your point. :)

Reply to
Ignoramus5654

That's what I Was saying, we take our forklifts with us on our semi trailer. It is a beavertail trailer with hydraulic tail.

Ignoramus5654

Ah! Then sell the crane indeed.

If you ever find a Baker/Linde B30-PL...I need some parts. The carby and heat exchanger

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

I have a lot of forklift carb parts.

Ignoramus5654

Ill have to check and see what Carb and exchanger is on it. I think the exchanger is a F5 or something. Got Impco Parts? Ill check and post what I need.

I need to rebuild the carb and likely the heat exchanger. Carby most of all. The kits were around $30 each, but they redesigned the carby and the whole top end kit is $100. And the forklift is still sitting at the end of my driveway 8 months later....damnit.

Gunner, who wrote it down and now cant find it...damnit.

  1. Lie
Gunner

We converted one forklift to propane and fixed another forklift's propane carb system. I did not do it, my driver did, who is an all around handy person. Based on that experience, I think that most forklift propane related parts are very similar and many are interchangeable. Impco makes those propane conversion kits, it is not something super unusual. I bought a couple of pallets of propane kits and carbs last July. (also about four crates of forklift manuals for $50)

Ignoramus5654

If you find a manual for a Baker B30-PL..Ill send you a nice money order for it. (it was made by Linde..has a VW Jetta engine in it and is hydrostatic drive)

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner