pitch = timing belt pulleys tooth spacing ?

How do I make sure timing belt pulleys match up to the belt tooth spacing ? Is that called pitch ? The scenario I am thinking of is when I have a smaller pulley on a motor shaft, and a larger one on a wheel shaft, with a belt connecting the two and transferring power. Thanks !

Reply to
pogo

Pitch is the center to center distance of the teeth. BTW the belts come in both curved tooth and trapazoidal tooth

You might want to review

search > How do I make sure timing belt pulleys match up to the belt tooth spacing ?

Reply to
RoyJ

So if I get 2 different diameter pulleys with the same pitch and type of teeth, the both should fit the same kind of belt, right ?

Reply to
pogo

Various belt widths, also.

See: