Please do not hate me for this

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 19:21:14 -0400, the infamous Wes scrawled the following:

The key killer words/phrases were "208v", "3-phase", and "local pickup only", Wes. Besides, nobody in Chitown has a job except Ig and all the politicians and Acorners, and Ig's business is online.

Say, didn't I see him in a Thunderboat accident, walking away from the scene? I didn't know about the other boat until now. Sorry, Ig.

Anyway, why not? Cats do it. Spiky haired nekkid guys do it. Dogs do it. Bull fleers do it. Leezards do it.

,
,
,
,
.

Lambo Countachs do it? WHAT?

Why stop there? ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner Asch wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Uh huh.

Reply to
Eregon

It may well be a DC only welder with 3 phase input. Though the enclosure looks like the venerable Miller 330 ABP TIG welder, it's control panel is clearly different and there appears to be a fixed grill below the panel where the ABP has a lift-up door for access to the valves and other controls.

Ned Simmons

You are exactly right. This thing is called LSR1200.

Ignoramus3512

correct place

Is it actually 3 pha? What is the maximum output current? I'm really not up on welders but I guess that output voltage is at least 44 volts maybe more. Been a while since I looked at our welder at work, the power dial is graduated in volts not amps like most welder.

I was trying to figure out how big a rpc someone would have to be able to power in order to satisfy the thing.

ARRRRGHH!

But does she worship at your feet? ;)

Wes

Reply to
Wes

correct place

i will try to run it from 1 phase only

not AT ALL

** Sent From My Google Phone ** I Apologize For Any Typos **

Reply to
Ignoramus3512

Welcome to the world of mortals. ;) I don't hate you anymore. :)

Wes

Wes

40A * 1.732 * 400v = 27712 (P=IE*1.732) since it is three phase. 200a * 1 * 240v = 48000 (P=IE*1) since it is three phase.

Did I get this right?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

No; you've got the right numbers and wrong answer :)

You probably meant to say "single" instead of "three" in the second line.

Reply to
James Waldby

Looks right. but the 200 amp is "single phase"

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his preconceived world view and the more difficult it becomes for him to refute it without losing face the chance of him calling you a racist, bigot, homophobe approaches infinity.

This is despite the thread you are in having not mentioned race or sexual preference in any way that is relevant to the subject." Grey Ghost

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Englewood. about 5 mile NW of the GW bridge.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Yup. Thanks,

Reply to