Dos and Donts

    --Many moons ago I remember something my old boss said about things he refused to work on. They included rotorcraft and some other stuff that
were just too liability-prone for a small shop to attempt. There was maybe a 'big four' to be avoided. Can any of you lot remember the other three?     --Reason for asking: insurance company wants it displayed on my website, sigh...
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Blue Cross socks us
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : $23,000/yr!! ...

Well, the insurance company should know what bothers THEM, shouldn't they? Make them tell you...of course they might start with boilers and kinda run your boating.
Perhaps:
Medical devices.
Submarines with people in them. Killing cameras is OK.

<snip>

A friend of mine worked on subs for the Navy in New London, CT. He said there were two rules:
1) Keep the water out of the people tank.
2) What goes down must come up.
Doug White
    --Memory partly jogged. I've got aircraft and pressure vessels. Anyone recall the other two?
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Blue Cross socks us
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : $23,000/yr!! ...

Soliciting legal advice on usenet. <g>
--
Ned Simmons

What's that Lassie? You say that steamer fell down the old rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by 20 Apr 2010 20:52:12 GMT:

Elevators?
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.

I had a guy show up one day with a part from a medium size Ferris wheel (about 20' he said "kiddy size"). It was a previously welded cast aluminum hub assembly that had fractured again. I said no, he offered to make it worth my time, I said no again, he got upset, I said no again and chased him away. I think about this every time I go to the fair and see the carney run rides.
I don't know if amusement rides or roller coasters is on the list but I would add them.
Andrew
On Monday, April 19, 2010 5:14:52 PM UTC-4, SteamboatEd wrote:

your all gay lords