Dos and Donts

--Many moons ago I remember something my old boss said about things he refused to work on. They included rotorcraft and some other stuff that were just too liability-prone for a small shop to attempt. There was maybe a 'big four' to be avoided. Can any of you lot remember the other three? --Reason for asking: insurance company wants it displayed on my website, sigh...

Reply to
steamer

Well, the insurance company should know what bothers THEM, shouldn't they? Make them tell you...of course they might start with boilers and kinda run your boating.

Perhaps:

Medical devices.

Submarines with people in them. Killing cameras is OK.

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Ecnerwal wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mail.eternal-september.org:

A friend of mine worked on subs for the Navy in New London, CT. He said there were two rules:

1) Keep the water out of the people tank. 2) What goes down must come up.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

I had a guy show up one day with a part from a medium size Ferris wheel (about 20' he said "kiddy size"). It was a previously welded cast aluminum hub assembly that had fractured again. I said no, he offered to make it worth my time, I said no again, he got upset, I said no again and chased him away. I think about this every time I go to the fair and see the carney run rides.

I don't know if amusement rides or roller coasters is on the list but I would add them.

Andrew

Reply to
EIsmith

--Memory partly jogged. I've got aircraft and pressure vessels. Anyone recall the other two?

Reply to
steamer

Soliciting legal advice on usenet.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

What's that Lassie? You say that steamer fell down the old rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by 20 Apr 2010 20:52:12 GMT:

Elevators?

Reply to
dan

your all gay lords