Polishing a drawing die a new way---at least to me

This die makes a 2" dia. flanged shell from .032" dead-soft cold roll. The corner that the blank is drawn over and the flat that the blank is pressed to the pressure plate must be smooth as possible or the shell will rip or gouge. In the picture you will see how we fit a 1" urethane rod fit into a boring bar holder on a QC tool post. We press the urethane rod against the surfaces to be polished at different angles then smear a dab of Clover compound on the die surface. This works FAST! And, the polished surfaces come out perfect!

Tom Gardner