Polishing a drawing die a new way---at least to me

This die makes a 2" dia. flanged shell from .032" dead-soft cold roll.
The corner that the blank is drawn over and the flat that the blank is
pressed to the pressure plate must be smooth as possible or the shell
will rip or gouge. In the picture you will see how we fit a 1" urethane
rod fit into a boring bar holder on a QC tool post. We press the
urethane rod against the surfaces to be polished at different angles
then smear a dab of Clover compound on the die surface. This works
FAST! And, the polished surfaces come out perfect!

Tom Gardner