Power hacksaw blades

I have been trying to find power hacksaw blades without success. I have resurretced a small reciporcating power hacksaw that I found in a junkyard, but have been unable to find the 14" x 1" blades it requires. Anybody know where I might find these? Cheers,

Bill

Visit my webpage:

mtlwright

Under section 3 >> Saw Blades & Saws >> Hacksaw Blades

Ken Grunke

Reply to
Ken Grunke

Speaking of power hacksaw blades I'd like a few used all-hard HSS blades. I've heard a lot of good things about converting them into knives with grinders and would like to give it a try. I'm in Ontario, Canada and I hope someone localish has a few they can send my way (location to keep the shipping costs down. Ken snipped-for-privacy@r0g3rs.cm (replace 3 with e, 4 with a, 0 with o).

Reply to
Ken Vale

"All Hard" power hacksaw blades make great knife blades. They were just the right thickness to fit pattern knife handles. I used a Dremel with a cutoff wheel to score the outline of the blade blank then just break out the blank like breaking glass. Be very careful when grinding to keep the temperature low so as not to loose the hardness. Some blades, while not all-hard are made of the same material throughout but only the tooth area is hardened. Those can be heat treated if you have the facilities. Good luck.

--

Reply to
edard

Sure you need 1" blade - how about a 2 1/2 - check it out.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Faucets? On a power hacksaw? For the coolant pump maybe....

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner

Thanks Ken,

I appreciate the link to MSC, but I was hoping for a supplier up here in Canada. I should have been more specific. I tried Acklands and a few others, but I struck out. Any of my fellow Ontarians have any ideas, or should I just order from MSC?

Cheers,

Bill

Reply to
mtlwright

mtlwright wrote: : Thanks Ken,

: I appreciate the link to MSC, but I was hoping for a supplier up here : in Canada. I should have been more specific. I tried Acklands and a few : others, but I struck out. Any of my fellow Ontarians have any ideas, or : should I just order from MSC?

: Cheers,

: Bill

Reply to
Philippe Gravelle

Philippe Gravelle wrote: I have looked at the KBC catalague and found some.You might what to look at their web site KBCtools.com ,they have branches in Canada Since we are on the topic of power hacksaw would anyone have some plan of how to build one? Cheers! Phil : mtlwright wrote: : : Thanks Ken,

: : I appreciate the link to MSC, but I was hoping for a supplier up here : : in Canada. I should have been more specific. I tried Acklands and a few : : others, but I struck out. Any of my fellow Ontarians have any ideas, or : : should I just order from MSC?

: : Cheers,

: : Bill

Reply to
Philippe Gravelle

Ken,

On Saturdays, I sell power and precision tools in downtown Toronto. We have a fair selection of "new old stock" power hacksaw blades by Sandvick, IIRC.

The blades aren't listed, but there is contact info at

Try to be as specific as you can because there are a number of different sizes/configurations available (length, width, thickness, tooth pitch, pin center to center distance, pin diameter)

HTH.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to