Precision anchoring into concrete?s

Fishing is off-topic in a metalworking discussion group. Kindly refrain from posts of this nature, or have the manners to include an OT marker in the subject line. Either would be just fine.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Did I talk about fishing or Fischer and dowels?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Chuckle!

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

"There are also epoxies in glass capsules - you mix the epoxy in a blind hole by crushing the capsules and stirring around the rod in the hole. I don't trust that they'll always mix properly or have enough in the hole to make a good bond - with the gun epoxies you can always pull the rod and squirt in some more.."

The boss deceided we would put our track down on a piece of 5/16 sheet and anchor this with some lightweight anchors. If and when the whole thing is run into with the forttrucks they will tear up and hopefully nothing else. I heard a story about these glass capsules full of epoxy. At General Motors some engineer wanted to see how strong it was so they anchored a bolt into the floor with this. Let it set ,and then used an overhead crane attached to the bolt to see what happened. What happened was it tore a chunk of concrete out of the floor about 4 feet in diameter. I guess the epoxy works.

Reply to
Dr. Butter

Hey Dave,

It was of course myself that failed to follow etiquette and do "the proper thing". So sorry!! It developed from a legitimate topic, and I just got carried away. I'll follow your lead from now on. I'm a bit surprised that you didn't do that though at this first opportunity! Why not?

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Hey Harold,

What's funny?? Did I miss something?? Dave's absolutely correct!! I wandered off from the original thread, and I should have initiated this properly from the beginning, and Dave is correct to pick me up on it. I'll try not to let it happen again, and I'm sure now that you and Dave will do the same.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

ps....How did your "Turkey Day" go? After ours, I ALWAYS just love those turkey sandwiches smothered in cranberry sauce and salt-and-pepper!! I could eat that for a week!!

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Heh! That's expecting a lot from a simple, old, retired machinist! I've a hunch that I'll continue the course, talking with the "family" about most anything or everything. :-)

Susan really outdid herself. It's just the two of us, but she goes all out. Small turkey, dressed with the traditional dressing the Vordos/Zaharias clan always prepared, and the rest of the 'fixins'. We ate like pigs! Followed up with a second meal on Friday, every bit as good as the first. All in all, a great couple of days. I'm not much on holidays, but I really like Thanksgiving. I gather yours was as nice as ours.

You're lookin' good, Brian!

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos