Progress report X 2

Hey, you ain't dead yet. 35 mile drive to work each day, one mistake and I'm road steak. Live for today, plan for tomorrow, enjoy what you have ever day.

Wes

Wes

First doc increased my blood pressure and anti cholesterol meds. Will re cat scan in six months to watch growth. I go to my cardiologist of fifteen years tomorrow in Vegas to get a second opinion. Got some hard facts that weren't good, but don't need to go in to here.

To keep busy, we've gotten up almost 60% of a 32' x 13'6" x 10' high steel canopy. Third full day with two men now. 6 and 8" C channels and Z purlins. 3 X 3" posts on 12 x 12" x 1/2" plates with four red heads. Posts .120" 7018'd onto plates. The rest .035" MIG. Some bolts, some angle reinforcement in corners, will finish decking with self tap sealing screws. This project has been laying on the ground for six months now. I swore I'd get it up before I die, and think I might.

Will post pics when it's done.

After that, a few gates, some fence, and a lot of hand cut Indian designs to mount on the stucco, walls, and posts.

Will post links to Flickr when that's done, too.

Tomorrow, to Vegas for doctors and lawyers for three days, then back to the cool air of southern Utah.

Time to go fishing just as soon as it starts cooling off, too.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Time to go fishin', YEAH! I've heard that days spent fishin' aren't counted against one's allotment.

Reply to
Don Foreman

What kind of fishing?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Eggszactamundo!

Reply to
Don Foreman

Southern Utah. Lakes and streams. Float tube, boat, shore, and stream. Fly and spin cast. Largemouth bass, crappie, and various species of trout. Nice area with numerous lakes and streams within 75 miles. About fifty, I'd say.

With fishing, does it matter? ;-)

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I wouldn't care if it was a three for one trade off. It'd be worth it.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

There's only two things I'd rather do than metalworking. One of them is fishing.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I prefer "catching" to fishing!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Watch your blood pressure!

Reply to
newshound

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:20:19 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom Gardner" quickly quoth:

Bend over, thweetie!

-- Learn to value yourself, which means: to fight for your happiness. -- Ayn Rand

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Steve's other favorite activity may offer you higher probability of catching something...

Reply to
Don Foreman

That's "Pitching" not Fishing...besides, I'm a lesbian!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 04:36:46 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom Gardner" quickly quoth:

But (I've heard) there's a pitcher and a catcher, as in "Who's on top this time?"

I know. I was just teasing you, anyway. AFAIK, I'm hetero. I heard that I could double my chances of a date on Sattidy night if I swung both ways, though.