PSA: HF's 3/4 HP buffer on sale for $50

I will share pics of my home-made 2x72 grinder soon and this buffer is the foundation of it:

Bottom line: for $60 or so in HW you will have a very good 2x72 belt grinder built on top of this buffer PLUS you get to keep a buffing wheel on RH or LH shaft.

Reply to
rashid111

Rashid: I'd like to hear how this turned out. Are you going to be making a platen? I just can't pull the trigger on buying one yet. I've got my eye on either a Coote 2"x72" or the Kalamazo 2" x 48. They sure look easy enough to make. But everytime I price out the rollers, bearings, and collateral parts, it seems the differential in time and $ is not that significant. Not as much fun though.

-Mike

Reply to
mlcorson

Turned out great and work just fine .... See the pics at the above thread

Reply to
rashid111