Quality of ENCO Machinist Level

I saw that ENCO had a machinist level that is rate at .0005" for around $100. Just curious if anyone has one and what type of quality that they are. I need to level my lathe and could use one. Thanks...-Steve

Reply to
Steve

Regardless of "quality", if you could zero adjust the ENCO or any other level of the same rating, it would work well for you. Recommendation: First rough level your machine with an ordinary level. The experience would serve you well when you finish the job with a machinist's level. The rating you gave, ".0005" is meaningless unless you state over what distance the .0005 resolution is taken. I think most of them are rated for 10 inches.

Reply to
Bob Swinney