quill disassembly griz g1008

My Grizzly g1008 needs bearings. There is a black 'nosecone' surrounding the sleeve where the R8 tooling goes. I need to remove it, but I'm not sure how it's assembled. The parts diagram in the manual is about useless...I've downloaded a manual for a similar HarborFreight mill and it shows bolts holding the nosecone on. There are three equally spaced recesses in the lower face of the nosecone on mine, but they're just blind holes. I'm guessing they're for a spanner, but before I build one I need to be sure that this part indeed twists off. Anyone have a clue? (Don't direct me to Grizzly, they've been less than helpful in the past regarding this) TIA Nok

Reply to
NokNokMan

useless...I've

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Thanks Robert. Right-hand thread?

surrounding

Reply to
NokNokMan

Yes, as I recall, it was right hand thread.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney