Quorn info required

I have finally bought a Quorn grinder, (Yes I know that isn't the way you're
supposed to get one) and of course I think it may be missing a few pieces.
It has a solid bar that fits into the toolstock (whatever you would call the
clamp that has all of the adjustments) which has a small vise on it which
can be swivelled. It also has a collet sleeve that fits into the
toolstock, but no collets to fit it. Is there a standard set of collets
for this, or do you just make your own? Then there is a separate bar that
looks like it is for holding things between centres. I only seem to have
the one centre, the other side has a clamp and two bars or plates that can
be slid along the axis of the centres. How does one mount this attachment?
Lastly there is a diamond dresser. Where would one mount this to dress the
stones?
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Nick Alexander
Reply to
Nick Alexander
Hi Nick,
If you don't have an aversion to Yahoo, there is a Quorn group that has many articles related to the Quorn. Not having made or used one, I can't help you with the specific questions you have.
Cheers, Stan
Nick Alexander wrote:
Reply to
Stan Stocker
Try here:
Regards,
Marv
Stan Stocker wrote:
Reply to
Marv Soloff
Try here:
Regards,
Marv
Nick Alexander wrote:
Reply to
Marv Soloff
--First thing to do is get the book; a read thru it will tell you quite a bit more and help you to get familiar with it's possibilities.
Reply to
steamer
Great reading whether you build one or not. The last half of the book is a how-to-use-it section w/good illustrations.
Paul in AJ AZ
Reply to
Pep674
You can buy a 128 page book on building and using the Quorn from Tee publishing in the UK. Look for their web page. Don Warner
Reply to
Don Warner