Reloading Equipment

I checked, and there is a scale in the package. I also have a digital scale that I use for weighing gold and such, so I guess I'm set. I've finally started putting all the stuff together so, hopefully, it won't be too long before I'm reloading. Got to get some powder and bullets first.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

[ ... ]

[ ... ]

For gold? You *might* be alright, if it measures in grains. If it measures in grams instead, you have a big blowup possible because there is a significant difference in size -- and both start with "gr".

So -- 15x too much powder -- *if* you can stuff that into the cartridge case. :-)

Stick with scales made and sold for reloading.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Yeah, well, I still think the best method is to put as much powder in the cartridge as you can, just short of the top and then stuff a bullet in on top of it. Lots of muzzle velocity, you know. The muzzle would depart at about 10,000 feet per second. Trouble is, you don't know which direction that muzzle is going to go and you can only do it once per gun. Highly inefficient! :-)

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler