Removing paint from crevices

Paint TONKA on it in block letters

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Put Hakie's picture on it. Nothing else could make it look more like a toy. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Not to be picky, Tom, but you need to update the copyright on your website. Being eight years off, makes it look like an abandoned website. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 23:27:15 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Don Foreman quickly quoth:

Damn. And to think that I just bought that new Sonicare 4100 last week for the same $50. My hygienist thought I needed another tool, bless her heart. I was skeptical until I used it once. They clean extremely well.

-- An idealist believes the short run doesn't count. A cynic believes the long run doesn't matter. A realist believes that what is done or left undone in the short run determines the long run. -- Sydney J. Harris

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Tom Gardner" wrote in news:E2Lyj.11563$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net:

How much for the [10125?/10124?] kits?

Reply to
RAM³

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch wrote on Mon, 03 Mar 2008 00:35:37 -0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

LOL.

Years ago, there was a railroad bridge down in Oregon, which had all the usual graffiti. So the railroad came along and repainted. And short afterwards, someone painted "Lionel" on the side. This was a nice job, so I'm told, and the interesting thing - nobody ever painted on that side, till the RR came back and repainted the bridge.

Now that was Art.

tschus pyotr

-- pyotr filipivich "I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed over walking into the saloon, because when I asked the bartender whether they served zombies he said, ?Sure, what'll you have?'" from I Hear America Swinging by Peter DeVries

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

There's no deal on the kits other than the 40% off for RCMers. This is the same as WD pricing.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Tom, how do I or any of us order from you?

Grant Erwin Kirkland, Washington

Reply to
Grant Erwin

During a full moon, while burning black candles, face the East standing on one leg humming the theme song to "Gilligan's Island" send an e-mail or call and place an order.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Which leg...right or left?

I got the wrong one once and instead of a large pepperoni with bacon, I got 5 gross of clothes pins. Taught all the neighbor kids how to shoot matches, so it wasnt all bad.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Is that how all those wild fires get started? Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

No, that's from idiots doing various construction and welding jobs that use open flames and/or make sparks, or smokers casually tossing away the butt or the match - outdoors in a 40-MPH plus windstorm, with no water hoses, buckets of sand, shovels, or fire extinguishers handy.

"Oh gee, that grass over there is smoldering..." and instead of being able to put it out right there and then, they don't have anything handy to stomp it while it's still small. Or they just plain aren't paying attention to what's going on around them. And 5 minutes later it's up to a half acre and we're Off To The Races.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Of course! No tracers allowed in California..but nothing in the penal code about clothes pins.

My students run amok once in a while.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

The last time I tried to make a clothespin match gun I discovered that they've watered down "strike anywhere" matches to the point where the modern ones (Ohio Blue Tip, I think) will no longer ignite in a match gun. I was very annoyed.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 02:07:33 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking, snipped-for-privacy@alum.mit.edu (Doug White) wrote,

Check what it says on the box; a lot of wooden kitchen style matches are no longer strike anywhere, but strike on the strip only.

Reply to
David Harmon

They are definitely strike anywhere, but they are a lot more wussy than the ones of my youth.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 23:17:29 -0800, Gunner Asch

OK That's one I don't know. How do you shoot matches using a clothes pin? I know the one where you wrap a little aluminum foil around the match head and leave a vent hole for the jet. We used a paper clip as the vent maker and "rocket" stand. What's with the clothes pin and shooting matches thoujgh?

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

Yes they are, darnit! Makes campfire making a pain sometimes. Have to resort to a bow drill or flint & steel. (Or a Bic lighter:)

My friends and I used to make bike spoke guns with old bike spokes and matches. Take an old spoke turn the nut around and screw it onto the spoke. Bend a handle of the remaining spoke wire. Stuff the nut with 2-3 ground up match heads and shove a matchstick in the end tightly. (It's a compressed powder load:) Light another match and hold the flame on the spoke nut. After a short wait, KABOOM!

Cracks like a .22 pistol shot. Much more powerful than one would think. It once brought my father outside asking who was shooting so close to the house. I showed him one of the things and he forbad me ever to do it again.

Then he took me out and bought me my choice of a first handgun, a S&W .38 Special. Said if I was old, smart and, determined enough to make that thing, I was old enough to get a handgun and learn how to use it properly and safely. I had to buy my own ammo, though; Paper route time!

I often shot with (and outshot some of) the Steubenville cops who used the old sandpit a few hundred yards west of our house for a practice range.

Oh, BTW, I was 11. Now, I'd probably be arrested and sent to Juvie Hall for Making a Destructive Device, Then to a foster home. My parents would be charged with Child Neglect/Endangering and Giving a Handgun to a Minor or some such nonsense.

Reply to
John Husvar

It's a bit hard to describe in text, but thanks to the wonders of the web, somebody has a site with pictures:

Enjoy!

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Not quite the way we made them, I'd have to make one to remember though. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller