Removing Surface Rust from iron

Both of em beat sticking your arm in a wood chipper too..but it doesnt mean any of the three are good to do...

Gunner

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know." -- P.J O'Rourke (1989)

Gunner

Try again, Larry... I'm having some issues with my upgraded firewall software... it works TOO good. I can log on here, but I'm not sure that is representative of trying from the outside.

If you still can't get on, let me know and I'll do some heavy duty troubleshooting...

Reply to
Gene Kearns

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 19:25:20 -0500, Gene Kearns calmly ranted:

OK, it comes up fine now. So, when are you going to PAINT that thing? ;) Nice work, BTW.

(No, I could never be a Navy man. I hate gray.)

--- - Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. -

Web Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques

For parts that can be taken off and soaked in a bucket, I like to mix a dilute solution of muriatic acid and water. You can get the acid in the pool section of home improvement centers. Naval Jelly works good, for accessible surfaces, but for corners and places not too accessible, i use a moto tool and wire brush. WD 40 is a lubricant, not as good as a rust remover as Aerokroil from Kano labs which is a penetrant and really busts rust up.

Reply to
desperado