Replacement Gage Blocks

I've got a B-rated set of gage blocks I bought from Shars a while back. Not great, but good enough for most of what I need them for. Sadly somewhere along the way my .050 went missing. Its kind of important for a whole range of measurements, but its gone. I'm sure its in my shop somewhere... unless it got swept up and thrown away ... I don't want to have to buy a-whole-nuther set for one lousy gage block. Does anybody sell one off pick and choose fill in parts?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I filled out an incomplete set from an auction with individual Mitutoyo blocks from MSC.

Jim Wilkins

You don't think that a Mitutoyo will shrivel up and die wimpering in the corner surrounded by all those cheap gage blocks?

Interesting that a Mitutoyo is the cheapest one they list in the size I am missing. Not cheap by any means, but... I couldn't believe SPI cost more.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

No, the larger took command, appointed the other Sergeant, and they keep the German blocks smartly polished and lined up in order.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins