Retarding torque on shear back guage motor?

We have this old shear where I work and I've been attempting to do some long overdue maintenance on it. On the motor moving the back guage in and out I found something about it having an adjustment for retarding torque. I don't know what this is but on the back of the motor is an adjustable stop of some kind. It must be setting the adjustment of something in there. Any ideas? Its a Bertsche shear 10 feet Rosco

Reply to
Dr. Butter