rivet gun

Does anyone know of a source for an air rivet hammer that only strikes one
blow per trigger pull? I have used some old ones and liked them better than
a standard chatter gun.
Reply to
Stupendous Man
Dunno if any current suppliers are making them, but you could check with The Yard Aircraft Tools.
Google.
Cheers Trevor Jones
Reply to
Trevor Jones
A good rivet gun will be easy to control the hits and should have a regulator on it to set the air flow going into the gun. Most of the riveting I did was with a 4x gun. This is a little overkill for 3/32 rivets but I could set up to a 3/16 an470 with no problem. If you don't hit the rivets hard enough they will get work hardened before they are completely set which happens when you are using an undersized gun.
John
Reply to
john
They will get hairline cracks in them and will not completely set.
They don't expand properly. The rivet should expand to 1.5 times the stem diameter when it is properly set.

Here is a good site on rivets and riveting

They don't say anything about 'happy rivets'
John
Reply to
John

Site Timeline