Rong Fu 31

Are the following mills the same machine? harbor frieght 33686 grizzly G1006 Homier 039888 Do they all come from the same Rong Fu factory? Are they RF-31's? Many other stores sell these machines, prices vary from about $600-$1200+-Why??

Reply to
Chuck

Hint: The guys charging $1200 are getting the first pick.

--RC

Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?

Reply to
rcook5

Chuck,

I understand your confusion! Now to add some more, all are the same castings an actual RF or RongFu is made in Tiawan. While these clones you mentioned are made in China there are a couple of dozen or more small manufacuters of them. My suggestion would be purchase from a seller with quality standards. Grizzley is a good choice talk to each that your interested in and judge on quality standards and customer support! Same castings different finish work and accuracy.

Ken Kenneth A. Emmert SMW Precision

Reply to
Kenneth A. Emmert

I didn't know that there are also Rong Fu clones. Are the Taiwan Rong Fu machines of better workmanship than the mainland china pieces? Does Harbor Frieght model 33686 come from the mainland of China? Is it a Rong Fu clone? I am so confused

Reply to
Chuck

They're called Rong Wei, and they're easy to identify. The spindle points the wrong way, and the tailstock has a Cat 40 taper.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

This is my first thought the cheap ones are the good ones that feel off at the production line .Instead of scraping them sell them cheaper maybe not broke just not as good???? How does that sound??

Reply to
HaroldA102