Rothenberger Torch?

I've been looking at a Turbotorch in propane - model LP-1 like this one

but they are quite expensive. Then I found this ROTHENBERGER PRO Model

3.1000
a much lower price. Does anyone have experience with these Rothenberger propane torches?

I will use it for copper sheet and 1" or less tube, as well as very light brazing on mild steel. Thanks,

Reply to
jack.stewart

Both of these look almost identical to the torch that you can purchase at Home Depot for under $20.

The propane torch that I've used for the past 10 or so years cost $.9.95 at Sears and workes just fine for for me. I believe it's a Bernzomatic.

Harry C.

Reply to
hhc314

I agree with Harry. This doesn't look much different than the setup I bought at Menards for $34.95. I think for the price of the Rothenberger, I would look at a Smith Little Torch instead. Mike

Reply to
mj

Thanks for the input. I've got a benzo one now that attaches directly to small propane bottles. I was looking for something I could easily attach to a 20lb propane tank. And something with multiple tips for different size work.

Reply to
jack.stewart

Just get a Victor rig and use the F line in the propane bottle. Add Ox if wanted - I did. I had to order the propane 'torch' end - hole and recess end.

Check Sams - they are selling some now low cost.

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

snipped-for-privacy@tys> I've been looking at a Turbotorch in propane - model LP-1 like this one

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn