Rudy Kouhoupt

Saw the following on the NEMES Yahoo! Group.
| I just received a phone call from Walter Yetman, a
| friend of Rudy's. Rudy passed away last week and
| Walter is calling the people in Rudy's address book to
| let them know. I must have been there as a contact
| for NEMES because of the time I spent editing the
| NEMES Gazette. Walter said Rudy often spoke about
| our club and was proud to be associated with it.
|
| The Model Engineering Community will miss Rudy, both
| as a fine individual and as a prolific and talented
| designer and writer.
|
| Stephen C. Lovely
God Bless a gentleman, in every sense of the word.
Scott
Reply to
Scott S. Logan
R.I.P.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany
Rudy was a good guy, I have some of his stuff.
What the heck ? Is everyone headed for the door at once ? Dave and now Rudy.
Reply to
Scott Moore
We lost Bob Shores a few months ago also. He wasn't as big a name as Dave or Rudy, but he designed some great IC model engines. I'm working on his Silver Eagle now.
Pascal
Reply to
Rich
In case you didn't know, there's a Bob Shores group that formed up recently on Yahoo. Also, a set of bronze castings for a "Gold Eagle" (identical to the Silver Eagle) has been produced in a limited run of 12 or 15 sets. Those are all sold but I believe that Margaret Shores is planning on another run in the next year.
> Classic Basic Games web site:
> The IP Pascal web site, a high performance, highly portable ISO 7185
Reply to
Mike Henry
What a shame. There will be a big empty spot where that he used to fill.
Jim
Reply to
jim rozen
Thanks Scott. Model machinery meets won't be the same without Rudy Kouhoupt. A fine gentleman and marvelous intellect. Live Steam Magazine has lost its voice.
Bob Swinney
Reply to
Robert Swinney
Sad news like this always reminds me of the old George Jones tune,
"Who's gonna fill their shoes"
Hank
Reply to
Hank
Very sad. Rudy was both a genius and a gentleman. I'm glad I got to talk with him at Iron Fever this summer. He will be missed. Ron Colonna
Reply to
RonC9876