Sanford & Sons Junk Yard

AL A fired this volley in news:gjen1j$qou$1 @news.motzarella.org:

Almost the same. Yours is probably an earlier vintage. Mine has the same collars, but a cam-lock toggle lever to do the locking. I was referring to the lever.

However, I think the collar would be pretty easy to fab, too; maybe with a smidge of welding or riveting.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Yep, the collar part looks really easy to make from a poece of round stock, it is those "ears" that do the clamping that are a bit trickier. Welding seemed to me the way to do it. I don't have any aluminum welding capability here, but have access to someone who can do that for me. This would need very little welding, should be quick & easy.

This is a "tier 2" project, meaning that it is not a priority thing. I have a nice tripod already, another Bogen, in fact. So I don't really NEED this one. It just bugs me to have it hanging around incomplete. I'm sure you understand...

Reply to
AL A

Ooh. Sorry to be such a kill-joy.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Just kidding, now Joe, don't be offended. As someone who hangs around RCM, I'm sure you understand the mentality.

That reminds me of a year or two back when I brought my car in to the local service place for my state inspection sticker. One of the mechanics there is a biker type, he asked me if I could make him a couple of bushings for a bike he was building. I jotted down what he needed, and as they were simple parts, maybe 1.25 dia with a 5/8" hole through the middle (or something like that) I whipped two out from some stainless scraps I had. When I went back to get my car, I gave them to him went out to the office to pay for my inspection, and the lady told me that the mechanic had covered it for me. I went home, pretty happy about that, told my wife. She said "That's great. You fill your shop up with 10 grand worth of junk, and you just saved 29 bucks on a sticker. Shrewed operator you are..."

-Al

Reply to
AL A

Your logic seems perfectly normal to me. Everytime I use my tools to make something or fix something I recoup my investment and provide myself cheap entertainment.

Wes

Reply to
Wes