Save the Delta Queen

See:

for information re. the DQ and her fight for survival on US waterways. In October of 2006 we had the pleasure of a cruise on the DQ; 7 nights from St. Louis to Pittsburg.

Bob (sort of a "Steamer" himself) Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

the DQ and her fight

cruise on the DQ; 7

You just gave me a bit of a start. I saw the post out of the corner of my eye, as it were. I thought that she was blown to pieces when the Empress Luisa ran into her torpedoes. Then I realised you said "Delta", not "African".

It's been a long day...

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

the DQ and her fight

Hope they can save her. Got a ride on her in 1990 when in NO for the Super Bowl. I'd never been on a ship that large before, and was amazed and really enjoyed the serene and stately manner in which she moved. It was neat watching the paddles working against the water.

And it was on the top deck that I encountered my first real Hurricane. Several of them. Sneaky beverage that, but I did manage to get back to shore without falling into the water....

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson