Scrap suppliers in Central Florida

I'm new to Orlando and was wondering if anyone knows of a good scrap or even new supplier? Especially aluminum, stainless, and tungsten in rods and bars.

Thanks, Lou

Reply to
Lou

No response before so I thought I'd try once more:

I'm new to Orlando and was wondering if anyone knows of a good scrap or even new supplier? Especially aluminum, stainless, and tungsten in rods and bars.

Lou

Reply to
Lou

Hi Lou,

Don't know if you know about Skycraft Parts, a neat place to visit if you are the do it yourself type. They usually don't have Ti but do have stainless and aluminum as well as all sorts of other neat stuff. Mostly electronic but I find a lot of mechanicals there. Another place, more along your request would be Acme surplus, in Port of Sanford. They have lots of stainless and aluminum and even some Ti. In addition lots of tooling goodies.

Skycraft is located on Fairbanks Ave. just east of I-4. Can't miss it as it is the only building in Orlando with a "Flying Saucer" and a "Rocket" on top of the roof.

Acme is located just west of I-4 at exit 104. Come down the ramp, turn left then right at intersection across from Featherlite Industries. Take the first right thru the industrial area straight back to the anchor fence.

Let me know where you are located and maybe I can put you on some more places.

Hope this helps.

73's Bill
Reply to
Bill Kehm

Lou; Try Acme in Sanford, the one under the St Johns river bridge. They have a large selection of "preowned" metal, and some new. They also have a selection of machine tools and other goodies.

gary

Gary Owens Deltona, Fl

Reply to
Gary Owens

Do you know of any places further north. I live in Jacksonville and finding "preowned metal" and machine tools has been difficult.

Dave T

Reply to
roadk1852

Reply to
Gary Owens

Lou; Try Acme in Sanford, the one under the St Johns river bridge. They have a large selection of "preowned" metal, and some new. They also have a selection of machine tools and other goodies. gary

Reply to
Gary Owens

Lou; Sorry about that, I didn't know I wasn't sending. Try Acme, under the St Johns river bridge at I4 they have all kinds of new and used metal, plus used goodies. gary

Reply to
Gary Owens

Lou wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Don't they have "salvage yards" in Florida? Sorry, I just figured everyone could browse and pick through the local junk yard like around here. That is, we can untill some idiot falls down in there and sues the owner. Right now thre is an abundance of old wagons and farm machinery there for the taking...

Reply to
granpaw

Try Svinga Bros in Ocala. Great salvage yard Don

Reply to
Don

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Don) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I don't know why my nick showed up on this post but thanks for the info Don...;0)

Reply to
granpaw