Searching for "old heavy iron" vertical mill

Hi all, In search of a Kerney and Trecker 2CHL vertical type mill or other heavy iron mill in the #2 size: Cincinnati, Brown and Sharpe, ect for my garage. Budget is low at $1000 but willing to do some work on it if defect is minor/repairable. Prefer Southern CA area so as not to incur shipping cost. Anyone got a line on a K&T?

Reply to
trg-s338

record this phone number. Its mine..so give me a call and Ill hunt around.

805-732-5308

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I sold mine for $750 (Canadian) about 8 years ago.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Man, where was I 8 years ago?

Reply to
trg-s338

trg-s338 fired this volley in news:31fae34a- snipped-for-privacy@s21g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

Heh! I _bought_ my Cinci #2 (with BP M head) and a 14x40 lathe with taper attachment, and about $4000 worth of tooling for $1000 seven years ago.

The deals are out there. Patience, diligence...

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

trg-s338 fired this volley in news:31fae34a- snipped-for-privacy@s21g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

Oh... and I bought a BP r2e4 (fully functional) three months ago for $1250.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Yeah, rub it in. Grrrrrrr !!!