Selling bearings

Oh, very nice, John. Well played.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Find a bearing that looks like Elvis, Jesus or Mary and just sell that one.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Mars

Keep in mind that there is a $15.95 per month fee to have a store.

Mike

Reply to
mj

Here are some, here's a part of an email I sent to someone...

I sold a few of the named lots, but not very many. Prepared a lot of auctions but was busy selling bigger stuff, which is now mostly gone. Look at the Rest subfolder, there are pictures of 3 boxes and other smaller piles of bearings. Lots of Cat, Tyson/SKF, and Case bearings. Also quite a few timkens. Most in original packaging.

The most fair way of dealing with these bearings, I think, is to find some mutually acceptable per pound price, with you paying actual shipping.

Ignoramus20878

Eh?

Care to elaborate.

I'm just curious because I would never have thought that sauerkraut needed weights.

Reply to
George

Stand them up and make the worlds tallest tower of bearings. Might be a new Guiness catagory.

Reply to
daniel peterman

He's trying to get his bearings....

Reply to
daniel peterman

Good point. First month is free, and at 35 or 70 cents a listing, that

16 bucks gets made back pretty quick. I think I'm going to keep doing it. Finally getting low on new "good" coins to list and it's time to start selling off some of the, for instance, 8 collets of teh same size that I have. One? Two, sure. but 8?
Reply to
Dave Hinz

Need to keep the cabbage in the brine, so you weight it down with a board on the top, with something heavy. My grandma used a meteorite that my dad had found, which annoys him to this day (and he's in his

70s).
Reply to
Dave Hinz

Guinness. Yeah, might work, but only if you stack 'em the _hard_ way.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Your dad should try selling that meteorite on ebay...

Your description of use of weights for cabbage is 100% spot on.

Ignoramus5455

We can't find it. Pretty sure it's in the back yard of the house where he used to live. I suppose I could knock on the door and ask if I could detect for it.

And the smell is...dramatic.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

You mean after eating cabbage?

Ignoramus5455

You've met my dad, I see.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

We used a roughly spherical granite river rock on top of the earthenware plate. These were stored in the root cellar when not in use. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Ah, they were all nice guys. After all they were "only following orders..."

Nothing like primary sources to liven up history. They don't do that in schools, hardly ever.

My neighbor who owns that ww2 jeep is a collector of memorabilia and a great deal of it is printed matter of various sorts. Totally fascinating stuff that you never would know about otherwise. Plus you occasionally get to see some interesting effects like the time before 9/11 when he was running his resturant, and the re-enactors showed up for dinner. It was a hot summer night so they put one of the tables out on the sidewalk.

None of the passers-by knew it, but each of them was wearing an algemien ss uniform.

Then there was the time when a crew of re-enactors showed up to get some pizza, in full uniform. They didn't know about his hobby, and were dressed to impress. The owner was running the counter, and thought the folks from camp smith had sent them to him as a joke, so he looked up, pointed out all the inconsistencies and errors in their uniforms, (this is wrong, that's the wrong color, you're missing this, that's from the wrong period, etc) and then asked them what they wanted for dinner....

As far as they still know, all Peekskill Pizzaria owners are experts on ww2 german uniforms.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Got any stories that you remember and care to share?

Ignoramus12137

I do not understand just what is the fun part of owning and wearing any kind of old uniform. Not just German or SS.

Ignoramus12137

Reenactors are whacky sorts of folks. They get a charge out of playing dress-up and going camping, basically. You can be british, german, union, confederate, whatever. But part of the deal is you do your best to wear authentic period clothes with authentic original gear. The battles are scripted out to occur the way they really happened.

The real collectors postively hate those guys because they take vintage clothes and trash them. Not to mention welding up barrels and breeches on vintage firearms.

There's also a cowboy action shooting fad going on right now. Period dresses for the women are quite in demand apparently.

I can't explain this all - I can only report it.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Tucked away in mothballs out in storage, ..Ive a complete winter full dress uniform, complete with Komsomol and CP buttons and Border Guard cap badges. The uniform came from a gentleman who was a "zampolit" to my certain knowlege and thought he'd like to have $100 US more than he needed the uniform. The boots came from another source at the same time, as his were too small. The boots and the Makarov....

In 2000, when things were rough..I sold the SS-Obersturmfuhrer (Das Reich) uniform Id had for many years, to a collector.

Both uniforms..and other bits of kit, came from Germany during a bit of a walkabout I had there in the very early 70s, and came from the original owners. I couldnt afford the asking price for the SS-Obergrupenfuhrer uniform one of the old men was wanting..but I tried. Nor could I figure out how to get his MP-40 home...or the companion US M3 he had....shrug...

I walked into a buddies military surplus store one night...and his Philipina girlfriend ambushed me from the back room, fully dressed in a VC Co Cong uniform, complete with Ak. She came really close to dying that night. They decided not to do that again to certain people....shrug. Not one of their better practical jokes...

Gunner

Gunner Asch