Selling stuff

Greetings people, finally got around to re-accessing usenet.

Just wondering where to sell off some N Gauge model railway items, I don't want to make money particularly I'd just rather they got 'played with'. Some bits I should probably sell (rake of 9 GF coaches, a few out of the bo x items, some with the box) but there are things like a rake of steel coal wagons (various kits and few home made items, 17 16 tonners and 10 21 tonne rs) that I would like someone to get the benefit of. Its a total of 200 or so wagons, a dozen or so Peco points, some unmade kits and some scenic stuf f.

Thought of selling as boxed job lots on e-bay but I gather their fees can t ake up to 30% of the price these days.

My suibscription to the N Gauge Soc expired a year or so back now, so that' s out.

Any thoughts on this? Railway Modeller classifieds?

Reply to
theothermikesmith

Just wondering where to sell off some N Gauge model railway items, I don't want to make money particularly I'd just rather they got 'played with'. Some bits I should probably sell (rake of 9 GF coaches, a few out of the box items, some with the box) but there are things like a rake of steel coal wagons (various kits and few home made items, 17 16 tonners and 10 21 tonners) that I would like someone to get the benefit of. Its a total of 200 or so wagons, a dozen or so Peco points, some unmade kits and some scenic stuff.

Thought of selling as boxed job lots on e-bay but I gather their fees can take up to 30% of the price these days.

My suibscription to the N Gauge Soc expired a year or so back now, so that's out.

Any thoughts on this? Railway Modeller classifieds?

---------------------------------

Ebay keep trying to entice me to start selling with their zero insertion fees offers - does that make a significan difference to costs. But find what things go for is a complete mystery, way high lots of it !

Otherwise would use a trader that I know at a show,may not get high price but is safe. If they have something you want could get a good deal with a swap.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Ebay is still probably the best.

Use it to see what prices your stuff is fetching and use that as a guide.

Another place to see the prices (corresponding to quality and rarity) would be at a show which has second hand dealers.

Don't sell through a local model shop, because they'll only give you a small fraction - remember, it's going to sit on their S/H shelves.

This group isn't a good place because it doesn't get much traffic.

I'd suggest joining the N-Gauge Society and perhaps putting a small ad in their magazine.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee