Sharpening endmills on one's mill

Well, mini-mill.

I don't have an SG and don't have space for it either :) I do have a mini-mill and a magnetic chuck.

Is it possible to acquire:

- one of those sharpening holders + whatever adapters required to hold various end mills

- flaring cup grinding wheel + adapter

The chuck goes onto mill's table, endmill into sleeve and into the holder, grinding wheel gets mounted onto the spindle, rpms get cranked up and ... will it work ?

Reply to
rashid111

Try it. If you have a square collet block and some angle plates you shouldn't need the fixture. Let us know how it works. Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

I used to do the ends in my mill. I still have the R8 fixture somewhere. It was a block and a pcoket to hold the EM at a 7 degree angle. Plans were in HSM magazine. I'll sell it cheap if you want it.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I used to do this. Now that I use mostly 1/4 and 1/8" end mills, it doesn't make sense. At the cost of these cutters, it also doesn't make any sense at all.

But, here's how I did it: (Sorry for the crummy pictures, this was taken with 35 mm camera 10 years ago)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson