Shelby's new supercar

I wanna '68 fastback hemi 'Cuda that Transforms by raising to 10" ground clearance so I can take it off road while deer hunting.

No 8 track, though, stock AM/FM customized to take an MP3 player input.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

Steve W.

Why don't you just get a halftrack and be done with it? Sports Car Graphic, 40 years or so ago, proposed one to be made by Ferrari.

BTW, you probably would have gotten along with the Citroen DS19.

You just pushed a button and the sucker jacked up 10 inches on all four wheels.

However, with all those curves, it was a bitch finding a place to lash a deer, without it sliding off.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

HA-HA! I'll bet he was inspired by the Lamborghini Veneno.

Ed Huntress

The SM had enough horizontal space for a moose.

whoyakidding's ghost

But would it rise up on its suspension, like the DS?

BTW, I saw one of those SMs in Europe, and it attracted a lot of attention. It was quite impressive. Then I saw another one in New York, among a gaggle of other luxo-cars, and it looked less so. I guess it looked best when parked next to a Renault R4....

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Like this?

Since I need a car that I can actually drive on roads, my '07 Outback Sport fills the two deer and gear spec.

There was a station wagon DS with roof rack...

Sometime in the early '60's, I went with my dad to look at a used DS for sale. The most distinctive memory I have is that the seats were so soft I sank into them and didn't like it much.

That car search ended up with the purchase of a '57 MG Magnette.

Neat to look at but I remember a succession of cracked valve heads.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

It definitely rose, but I don't remember how much.

A friend had an SM. He rarely drove it but it sure looked good in his garage. :) My experience was similar to yours, looked nice from a distance, but up close it seemed cheap and poorly built. Of course lots of cars were like that back then. It didn't help that my friends had a leaky exhaust and was running like crap the only time I drove it.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost