Changing part color - there must be an easier way

I've been using solidworks for years, so I'm stuck with many old habits.
To change a part color, I still go: Tools/Options/Document
Properties/Color
Please tell me there's an easier way!
I just recently (within the last year) discovered "change transparency" on a single part within an assembly. A guy learning solidworks for the first time showed me. Before that I did all the steps mentioned above, plus, "advanced" then changed the transparency.
Help with the color changing issue please!
Thanks
There's a button called "edit color" on the standard toolbar which lets you do a lot more than the Doc Props.
Or you could write a hotkey to go right to the Tools/Options location
Or you could use a macro Kevin Silbert wrote to assign a random color.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

Hey there, Matt! (OT and apologies to everyone else.) How'd your meeting with Bob go? (I was "chatting" with Emma, his wife, on Skype the other day after seeing her online.) Heard that they've not got the cartridge puncturing worked out well yet, and I was surprised at that. Have a hard time believing that a 40 lb/inch spring rate would be necessary.
'Sporky'
matt wrote:

Right click on a Part in an Assembly (or on the part name at the top of the feature tree if you're working inside a Part file) and choose "Appearance". You have the same choice for Faces, Features or Bodies in the right-click flyout menu (this is presuming you're working with SolidWorks 2005).
'Sporky'
james wrote:

Click on the part name at the top of the feature tree, and then pick a color from the color icon.
ca