Changing Part Names

I have an assembly where I have to change some of the name and replace small caps with large caps. I used sw explore to do this. I opend the assembly with the parts that I need changed and changed the names there. Now when I open up the assem the parts that I changed names I have to sursch for them how do you update the refrences so I don't have to surch for them each time I open up the assem? Would I use the replace function?

Thanks

Nathan Feculak

Reply to
Nathan Feculak

you did the right thing by using swx explorer. it sounds like you just didn't go far enough. when you change the name of a part using swx explorer, you have to hit 'find where used' before you hit apply.

this will keep the reference errors from happening again on the next project.

-- bob z.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee