Must be some mistake...

RAF markings? I don't *think* so...
Reply to
Enzo Matrix
Not so fast.... It was a part of the camouflage scheme.
Andy
Reply to
Andy
Enzo Matrix said the following on 19/10/2007 22:25:
If one of the following URLs is right in that the French markings were just overlaid with RAF markings then it could be so. Definitely not RAF camouflage but that would have been time-wasting and expensive.
See painting at very bottom of this URL. Add another couple of colours and these could have been later flying in Vietnam!
Reply to
Richard Brooks
How do you know that some were not flown to the UK when France fell during WWII ?
Gondor
Reply to
Gondor
I questioned this as well (I have this kit on order).Some googling found one brief sentence claiming it was taken on charge by the RAF after France fell,but so far I haven't found confirmation.
Reply to
eyeball
No mistake. Free french Haifa flight 1941. Aeromaster did those decals in 1/48, and I have a few photos of this bird.
Reply to
Vedran Kalamiza
I do, I have the photo somewhere. Also operated a Potez 63-13 and several other ex-French aircraft in the Middle East Remove nospam to reply!!
Reply to
Dave Fleming
Yes but still not RAF standard camouflage pattern and colours.
Reply to
Richard Brooks