Must be some mistake...

RAF markings? I don't *think* so...

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Not so fast.... It was a part of the camouflage scheme.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Enzo Matrix said the following on 19/10/2007 22:25:

If one of the following URLs is right in that the French markings were just overlaid with RAF markings then it could be so. Definitely not RAF camouflage but that would have been time-wasting and expensive.

See painting at very bottom of this URL. Add another couple of colours and these could have been later flying in Vietnam!

Reply to
Richard Brooks

How do you know that some were not flown to the UK when France fell during WWII ?

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

Reply to
eyeball

No mistake. Free french Haifa flight 1941. Aeromaster did those decals in 1/48, and I have a few photos of this bird.

Reply to
Vedran Kalamiza

I do, I have the photo somewhere. Also operated a Potez 63-13 and several other ex-French aircraft in the Middle East Remove nospam to reply!!

Reply to
Dave Fleming

Yes but still not RAF standard camouflage pattern and colours.

Reply to
Richard Brooks