Sheldon KS type lathe questions

I had a quick look at an old lathe the other day in a shop where I am selling some equipment for the owner. The lathe in question is Sheldon KS

1411 looks like maybe a 11" swing with an overhead type drive system I really like the appearance of this lathe and was considering buying it for myself. I can't find much information on this lathe and just curious if anyone knows its age, and the quality of older small Sheldons. It's not a lathe I need, since I already have a South Bend 10L that could do everything I would require, I was thinking more along the lines of restoring it. Any opinions on this lathe?

Sam

Reply to
sam