Sheldon lathe question

How are the older sheldon lathes? I don't see a whole lot on ebay so getting
an idea of the going rate is hard. I am looking at what the seller thinks is
a 12" swing, I will be looking saturday.
Reply to
wayne mak
My buddy has a 10"x24" with the double lever/hot shift. Vintage 50's I think. Came out of a high school shop. Much better lathe than my equivilent Logan. He didn't get much tooling with it, I've been trying to con him into a swap. :)
wayne mak wrote:
Reply to
RoyJ
You need to define "older", as they've been out of business for quite some time, about 25 years at least. They are all well-built machines, although they made several classes of machines, from light, better hobby-grade machines to the finest toolmaker's machines.
Jon
Reply to
Jon Elson
I looked at them today, 2 lathes for the price of one. Both came out of a school, don't look to bad but they also don't seem to have much resale on ebay.
Reply to
wayne mak
I have decided I will buy tham and sell one. I THINK its a 12" swing not a real long bed. Nice lathe for sure.
Reply to
wayne mak

Site Timeline