Siemans motor question

I ran across a motor similar to this one

. Ref the motor info plate. Can I run this on 230v delta with a vfd? Why would it be ok to run delta at 50hz and not 60hz? This is an old motor Siemans no longer supports. Thanks....Paul

Reply to
Packratpaul

Should be OK, just enter the nameplate data into the drive, 230V at 50Hz and the drive will compensate for the other voltages. Notice the nametag says Y is ok at 400V for 50Hz and 460V for 60Hz, the equivalent scaling for 230V comes out to 264.5V, they probably didn't want to put that on their nameplate since it's not a standard 60Hz voltage AFAIK. The VFD would take care of that though through the volts per hertz.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

motor info plate. Can I

not 60hz? This is

the drive will

for 50Hz and 460V for

didn't want to put that

would take care of that

Thanks Roger. The motor was only $5 and looks to be new with lots of shelf wear and rusty shaft. I will give it a try....Paul

Reply to
Packratpaul