Siemans motor question

I ran across a motor similar to this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item@0073844580 . Ref the motor
info plate. Can I run this on 230v delta with a vfd? Why would it be ok to run delta at 50hz and not 60hz? This is an old motor Siemans no longer supports. Thanks....Paul
. Ref the

Should be OK, just enter the nameplate data into the drive, 230V at 50Hz and the drive will compensate for the other voltages. Notice the nametag says Y is ok at 400V for 50Hz and 460V for 60Hz, the equivalent scaling for 230V comes out to 264.5V, they probably didn't want to put that on their nameplate since it's not a standard 60Hz voltage AFAIK. The VFD would take care of that though through the volts per hertz.
RogerN
. Ref the motor info plate. Can I

Thanks Roger. The motor was only $5 and looks to be new with lots of shelf wear and rusty shaft. I will give it a try....Paul