Silver bullets

I looked it up and Copper is about 2.5 - 3 Mohs while silver is 2.5 -

  1. So roughly the same as copper and probably some copper alloys are harder than that.

The articles all seem to have a fixation on melting temperature and pure silver melts at 1761(F) and copper at 1983(F).

Disregarding raw material costs and letting the manufacturer keep the scrap and you can likely get them made free on a CNC lathe :-)

Reply to
John B.

True, but then you don't shout "Hi Ho Silver" when mounting your Ninja.

Reply to
John B.

I always drop a cheap throw-down gun when I shoot civilians as not to get into trouble with the law. But since you say Werewolves are fair game, in the future I just stick on some fake facial hair after I blast them to hell. Thanks for the tip! What about vampires? Democrats?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

No gas checks needed! make them grove size and load like jacketed, they won't obturate much if at all. Would silver plated work on bad guys?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

There's a difference?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Vampires don't take your money.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Ah, I didn't think of using a lathe! Nice thinking outside the box. However, I managed to lost wax cast them using nothing but stuff found around the house.

For your amusement only:

Regards from Pittsburgh!

Reply to
Adrian