Six versus 12 point sockets

$nap-On makes 4 point... check it out, go to their web site and put '4 point' (sand quotes) in the search box.

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Or even better yet, search $nap-On for 'pipe plug socket'.

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Misery loves company.

The K-Mart here is reputed to be one of the better stores, so it was not closed. I can only imagine how poorly other stores must have been running. You can die of old age waiting for a checker locally----and they rarely have anything they have in their ads. Talk about running like a pig on stilts! :-)

Sears shot themselves in the foot years ago when they started cutting quality and raising prices----and forgetting about the thing that made them so successful in the early days-----service.

We shop there only when we must----our choices are few, but the town is growing, so the need to shop there is dying.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Just goes to show great minds run together. I just posted the same comment, not having read your first.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Your sorry as is grass, John, when * and the pipe wrench cops get wind of this.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote in article ...

Compare the number of posts in this newsgroup by YOU to the number of posts by ME, then tell me who needs a life......

Reply to
*

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote in article ...

There's nothing wrong with using used motor oil to heat with. I never said there was.

Thousands do it......using the proper equipment designed to handle it safely.

IIRC - I wasn't the only poster to question the intelligence behind your ideas to run used oil through a standard oil burner designed for No. 2 fuel oil.

Reply to
*
[...]

Yeah, I remember that thread. He pulls the same sort of shit over in rec.autos.tech. I'm just trying to determine if he's the genuinely malicious kind that knows what he's doing, or if he's just a dumbass.

Reply to
B.B.

I agree. Posting less is a virtue, asterisk. Why don't you be as virtuous as possible and go away for good?

Reply to
B.B.

Simple. He's a dumbass that's malicious, but he thinks he's cute and clever. I don't.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Here is an example of KMarts "Intelligence" They built a brand new supercenter type store in Amsterdam NY. Huge parking lot and all the crap needed to go head to head with a Wal~Mart supercenter store. It was open LESS than a year and when they went though and marked the stores that they were closing due to low profits, it was put on the list BY MISTAKE. They even admitted that it was a mistake in several reports and press releases. Said on TV that it was a store that shouldn't be closed. Did they go back over the list and remove it? NOPE. Just closed it down and abandoned it. The building has been empty for a few years now. Target has supposedly purchased it and is planning on tearing down the existing store and building a Target Super Store on the lot.

Reply to
Steve W.

I like your great minds theory a lot better..... I was thinking more along the lines of old farts think the same. :)

John

Reply to
john

When I worked in NYC at night doing maintenance, I always carried my pair of channel locks in my pocket. it was a big pair of channel locks. I had to draw my weapon once. Came back to the truck and found a guy sacked out on the front seat. He saw the jaw and just ran out the other door and didnt look back.

John

Reply to
john

I worked in Cable TV in the early '80s in the headend and repairing the electronics near Cincinnati, Ohio. We had someone buy an existing bar and want HBO, but we weren't allowed to sell that service to public places. He informed us of a bar with a sign in the window, "Come what the fight on HBO on Friday night!" We told him we would investigate.

That Friday I had the head field tech leave the new bucket truck for me, and had two of the techs go home and change clothes to do a little bar hopping.. they came back with a wife, and a girlfriend and met me near the first bar. I followed them to the bar and got busy. I was up, in the bucket and ready to disconnect them when one of them came out and gave me the thumbs up to signal that they were getting a channel they weren't allowed to have. We watched the bar empty out as everyone hurried to the next bar with a TV. They followed the crowd, and another one was shut down. It was getting dark when the owner of one bar came running out and saw the truck. He was screaming, "Shawn, You sorry son of a bitch, I'm going to kill you!" He ran right into the police officer I had escorting us. I wasn't worried, I had a large New Britain adjustable wrench in the tool tray, just in case. I also had about 20 pounds of line hardware, in case I needed to bounce it off some idiot's head. the guy was screaming, I paid $150.00 to get those channels! I want my money back! I yelled down that he had just admitted to felony cable theft. I didn't bother to tell him that I wasn't Shawn. The guy was a real asshole.

The bar owner called the office monday morning, yelling that he was going to sue, until he was reminded that his liquor license was grandfathered, and if he was charged with cable theft he would lose it, forever. BTW, the guy that made the original call was the only bar with ANY TV that weekend, and did a LOT of business!

I still wonder how much damage that wrench would have done to that loudmouth's skull from 45 feet in the air. (The distance in meters is left as an exercise for those who can't think in feet.) ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sigh!

OK----we'll go with that, then. :-(

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

(The distance in meters is

Chuckle!

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Sounds good to me. (:

Reply to
B.B.

What can I say? If they can, so can I! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote in article ...

I have always chuckled at the fact that when someone cannot come up with a reasonable counterpoint to what someone else has said, they call him/her a "troll."

How's that oil burner doing, Hal?

Only have to clean it out once-per-week?

Reply to
*

john wrote in article ...

It is only a "Stilson" wrench if it is made by Stilson.

If it is a pipe wrench made by Stilson, it is a "Stilson pipe wrench". In either case, it is STILL a pipe wrench by design.

Reply to
*