Slightly OT: Chevy Blazer problem

I have a 91 Chevy S10 Blazer with an ignition problem that's driving me nuts. It has no spark whatsoever, but everything seems to check OK. Has anyone had a go-around with one of these? Or maybe knows of a newsgroup where such things are discussed?

Thanks.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster

theres a good forum off the carnut.com page maybe ideas there

Reply to
Michael

Hi Jerry,

Good general mechanics over on rec.autos.tech You will need to state which engine, tranmission, recent work completed, what diagnostics have been done, any other recent problems, how it shut down, etc. Very helpful folks, will probably have you on the road in no time.

wws

Reply to
wws

alt.trucks.chevy rec.autos.tech alt.autos.gm alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks

Come on in we're waiting.

You will need to post year,make,model, engine size, any troubleshooting you have already done and when did the problem happen. Off hand I would say your distributor has a bad module in it OR the coil isn't getting power. Could also be a bad coil wire or distributor cap.

Reply to
Steve W.

"Jerry Foster" wrote in news:Al5Je.236$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

First Guess, with what little info you have given:

Bad coil....been there, got the shirt. Checked fine with a meter, but was open under actual firing current.

Reply to
Anthony

Am posting this to rec.autos.tech. It looks like a good group. Thanks to all that took the trouble to reply.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster

AND Warning warning - be sure to get the HIGH voltage version - or High Current -

One or the other is REQuired - standard off the shelf types won't work. Blazers needs a special ability and won't work. Took me almost all day for a ignorant to the fact tech - wait for the wrong one - install it after lunch and calls for help - orders another and then it finally works.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Check for any stored trouble codes before you start replacing parts.

The spark control module may have stored a code.

sjm1

Jerry Foster wrote:

Reply to
sjm1.pitt