What gives with this newsgroup and Rathhole

Hi I guess I just don't understand. I have been reading many many posts on this newsgroup. I even stated my opinion on the UP fee but found this to be a most biased group. Then, the further I read, I find most threads are about anything but model railroading. You have covered the world political scene, man's first flight, Harley Davidson cycles and had Rathhole butt in on every subject as if he was the King of Opinion. I have been able to determine he thinks everyone on this board is a fool, hypocrite and most certainly an idiot. I find it hard to ignore this BS artist but I will try in the future. I certainly understand why others have trouble with him. Just consider the source, which is obviously a over weight old man sitting at his key board with nothing to do all day but troll this newsgroup and take his insulin. I stronly doubt he even has any model trains let alone does any model railroading with them. I think if we all ignore him he will go away. At least we can hope.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Jerry, Rathburne has been a resident of this group for a long time and is knowledgeable about trains, certainly model trains. We have traded shots at each other on occasion, but he has posted useful information too especially on new models as they come out if he bought one. Don't take it personally. So he's grumpy and gets worked up about stuff. Lots of trouble in the world. It's a minor thing. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

You have a lot of time.

And if they don't start out that way, they quickly drift.

He is. How can you doubt it?

Only his readers.

Reply to
Chris Vernell

That's what killfiles are for. You simply place either senders' addresses or thread titles in them and automatically mark them as read. With a graphical browser, like Mozilla/Netscape, under the Tools menu you will find the Message Filters function. Become well acquainted with it and you will find most of the noise begins to disappear very quickly.

-- Moderator of:

Bill Barr

=> I find it =>hard to ignore this BS artist but I will try in the future.

Killfile him Wolf Kirchmeir ................................. If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on this train? (Garrison Keillor)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Now this is good stuff. Yes I give it to people. But, and here is the key, ONLY AFTER THEY COME HERE WITH ATTACKS OR FLAMES. Jerry, or whatever his name is this week posts nothing about trains but whines when somebody counters his political off topic flames?

Jerry, if you stop posting politcal flames, I won't RESPOND to them. Simple enough. Now go come up with another name to post against me under Steve.

Reply to
MrRathburne

Who the hell is Steve, I give up Rathhole, go back to sleep. Guess I must have missed all your informative railroad post. Besides you attacked first when I supported the UP 4%. It is my right to support it so screw off idiot or don't buy UP road names. What a jerk

Reply to
Jerry

Steve, you can keep pretending, but we are laughing at you. You stop with your flames and political rants, and I will stop calling you an itiot. Keep it up, it keeps up. Your choice. Stick to trains if you can.

Reply to
MrRathburne

`````` Entertaining, isn't it? ;^)

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy"

Reply to
Paul K - The CB&Q Guy

Oh omniscient one, bane of hackers and lefties, how about showing how I supposedly spoofed an identity of the Mao's Little Red Book version of you? I'm not Jerry. But I'm beginning to wonder if you're Spanky Wanky Okie Muu Muu.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Salvé "Paul K - The CB&Q Guy" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Dear Jerry, Raiways changed the world and attitudes they carry HD's, aeroplanes, nuclear waste and diapers, we model the real world (sort of!!) we should be able to discuss them too, if a topic is too off topic for you, dont read the posts :) Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Reply to
MrRathburne

To be fair, some months have gone by since it has gotten this out of hand. It was last like this back around the end of August as I recall. These flame wars seem to spike every few months or so. Ignore it, it'll eventually go away. Again.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Rathburne: I am not Jerry; Jerry is not me. Either stop this crap before I have to notify your ISP's abuse line, or show detailed message address information that backs up your abusive assertion.

And, Jerry, however much you mean to tweak Rathburne's hair trigger reaction, do not sign yourself with even part of my name or they same goes for you.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Worse yet, the local PRI jefe (or the specific national equivalent) goes heavy into high chemical input agri-biz- culture and plants GM seed. Then when pollen drift contaminates the small farmer's self saved seed crop, Monsanto comes down and sues him (or has the jefe's goons shoot him).

Scary thought, straight from the horse's "mouth":

Archer Daniels Midland promo spots on NPR: "ADM, the shape of things to come."

Reply to
Steve Caple

I think I prefer model railways to thinking about such things :-(

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Last years New Years resolution was to filter Rath for a year. I did it, it worked. Try it you'll miss nothing and have far less venom to read...

Steve

Reply to
Steven Lynch

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Yeah, it's really picked up again.

However, there are still LOTS of mrr related posts - and it's quite easy to spot the threads that have deteriorated. All you have to do is look for 4 names endlessly responding to each other and skip right past them.

Or killfile the whole thread like I have been doing with more frequency.

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin" Operating Traffic Lights Crossbucks Special Effects Lighting

Mike Tennent

You found that many people's opinions differed from yours, so on that basis it is a "most biased group'? The more you post, the more you confirm the fact that you a UP stooge - you're determined to have us all adopt the party line,aren't you?

Reply to
Mark Newton